VadaVaka

Full Version: Battlestar Galactica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight is the big premere of the long awaited remake of Battlestar Galactica on SciFi. I was a huge fan of the
original series in 1978, right up there when Star Wars first came out. I was estatic when I first saw the promo earlier
this summer, but as more info came out on what the remake was like, it makes me sad. Most of the reviews say that
if you were an avid fan of the original, you will be sorely disappointed. They have completely changed the entire storyline.
The cylons are now cyborgs which look like real people. The cast is now an intersexed, interracial plethora. Starbuck, the
oversexed, cigar smoking, gambling womanizer is now a *cough* female. Boomer, the hotshot black fighter pilot dude is now
an Asian chick. Baltar, the human traitor, who causes the demise of the human race is now a soft spoken British lad. WTF is
going on???

It would be like the remaking Star Wars Episode 4, with all new characters. Princess Liea would be a Muslum oil sheik named Prince Mustafa.
Chewbakka would be a NBA starting center, played by Shaq, and Darth Vader would be protrayed by Dennis Rodman....with no makeup added.
I'm sure we could fit Mini Me into a role for R2-D2.

I will watch it because I like science fiction and because I hate "I Love Raymond".
the next thing you know there gonna change the names of the master and slave hardrives. Whats the world coming to?
LOL....wrong thread.

No, I see anon's reference even if you don't ;-) Basically, it's the "PC" thing all over again :-D
I know...i posted a thread on master and slave drives last week. They gonna PC everything to death.

Funny really, I work in the PC industry:) I wonder if things will become more stable of Governments get past this PC era and finally realise a LINUX one works better... ?:)
You talking about Personal Computers or Political Correctness.....I'm confused.
Damn....it was actually real good. I am hooked.

Wutta newspapers know anyway? :blink:
Baaa damn it all to heck.

Where I'm at, it won't be on TV for another month. Oh well guess i'll start downloading it when I find it online :D
Damn....night 2 is STILL a good show. As for the new Starbuck....
I'd do her real fast, before she breaks my neck.:wub:

question is, is she as promiscuous as the original ;-)
Aint seen her nekid yet.
never saw the original Starbuck naked either, she probably just hasnt had enough time yet to show her "manizer" side yet, but she does smoke cigars like he did
Dirk Benedict can never be replaced. For those who don't know who he is...hes 'Face' on the A-Team