VadaVaka

Full Version: Coalition captures Saddam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/14/...main/index.html

TIKRIT, Iraq (CNN) -- After nine months of scurrying from house to house, Saddam Hussein appeared to be a tired, resigned man who offered no resistance when U.S. troops extracted him from a hole in a rural farmhouse Saturday night.
The Ace of Spades is removed from the deck.
Man, it seems like everything happens when I goto bed.

This is great news. They caught the rat and he was in a hole.
This was posted at about 3am on the EQ board I still visit:P

I was so drunk I didn't know if it was real or not. CNN said "possible" when I checked, but it's true now, I guess.
Does anybody know how they did it?
They caught someone how then gave them some into that was very credable.

With in 3 hours they were acting on it and went after 2 different places. From my understanding not a single shot was fired and no one was hurt. They didn't find him at first but when they went through a second time they found a "spider" hole that was covered and inside the 6 foot deep hole was spiders, rats and Sadam. He had a gun on him, but didn't use it and just gave up.

Thats basically it. His sons gave more of a fight then he did. So much for the "I'll never be taken alive" speach he made a while back.

Combination of intelligence from the ground forces including the locals (despite the american's not really giving them any credit in their speech, at least our prime minister did).

They narrowed it down to two possible locations and went in. Video footage was shown of Saddam having his health check, at which point some of the press conference went nuts scream/shouting and raising their hands in what I can only presume was defiance at Saddam.

Later their showed stills of a now shaved Saddam (in the video footage his hair looked like it had grown for the last 6 months without being cut; likewise his beard. -- could have been a homeless bum in Times Square for all we knew) against former pictures taken.

His dna was compared with that of his sons, and they also had dental masks by which to compare his pallet to those previously done during American dental work on him in the 90's.

They did say that 'he is co-operating fully' .... Must be a first for everything I s'pose.

What do I feel about it? Not a lot, doesn't really change that much, there are still his supporters out there and they are still all capable of doing what they were before.

Maybe it's just the british stance, but even Tony Blair was saying that now is a time to come together, etc. If they don't, then it's just gonna get like Yugoslavia did when it broke up.
"The Simple Life" with Sadam, and Paris thought she had it bad
GRITS,Dec 15 2003, 04:15 AM Wrote:and Paris thought she had it bad
I'm still looking for that full vid... :ph34r:
why? it's all monochromatic in either blue or green. infrared sex isn't all that sexy. am i the only one who never heard of her before this tape fiasco?
I don't even know who you are talking about now. :)

Found in a hole, but how the hell did he make it to Arizona ?
.asm,Dec 15 2003, 01:09 AM Wrote:why? it's all monochromatic in either blue or green. infrared sex isn't all that sexy. am i the only one who never heard of her before this tape fiasco?
first time i saw her was on the cover of a tabloid or somehting. . .it said that paris hilton didn't want to party anymore and the picture looked like Christina Aguilara. . .I thought they meant that a Hotel called "The Paris Hilton" did something to Christina aguilara(cause they look so similar) to make her not want to party. . .I hate Tabloids that article sounded pretty stupid.