VadaVaka

Full Version: IRC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I d/l irc, and it said that it was only a trial and would last for 30 days or somehting. . then I'd have to pay. . .I thought it was free.
just keep clicking remind me later, it never keeps a tab on how long you have used it. OR you could pay for it,<---had to say that :P
fritoman,Feb 17 2004, 12:40 PM Wrote:OR you could pay for it
:huh: You're kidding right?
no he is serious I think anon wha have been on the longest and I don't think they have ever paid....me on the other hand did pay and they still send me reminders so I say their book keeping is pretty slack
I have the new version so i can help out the new people, with authing and stuff. I also DLed it to help GRITS get on for the first time, but you didnt hear that from me :upto:

And yeah, i havent paid <_<

it's SHAREWARE. You can use it as long as you want but they would like you to give some money.
GRITS,Feb 17 2004, 01:03 PM Wrote:no he is serious I think anon wha have been on the longest and I don't think they have ever paid....me on the other hand did pay and they still send me reminders so I say their book keeping is pretty slack
I was talking about his comment "OR you could pay" . . . it was supposed to funny. . but i've failed. . .oh my oh me.

Update: so i have IRC now. . but it says unable to resolve server. .does this happen often, is it just mine or is irc all buggereed up right now?
When my 30 day trial expired, I couldn't connect to #vadvaka.........when i connect to the gamesnet thing, it stops and say PING! PONG! like 7 times and disconnects me from the gamesnet. I tried reinstalling it with no success. Any tips???
yeah, it's 'gamesurge' now, not 'gamesnet'....they changed names. there's a thread around here on how to change it so you no longer have issues. seems like coincidence that your trial expired as gamesnet changed names.
/server -a irc.us.gamesurge.net -g GameSurge -d GameSurge US Servers

add that into your status window, where you see the ping? pong!

then you should under irc network in under connect in the options, you should see gamesurge. select that and then clik join IRC server. You should be able to get on #vadavaka
to get rid of that popup on connect, go to options then connect, click on the plus to open it up then to options, and uncheck where it says "pop up connect dialog on startup"
so now you just steal and answer questions from my head without me even being on the forums?