VadaVaka

Full Version: Text chat in DoD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I mentioned in another thread, when I play DoD, I can't send text (I'll hit y, type something, hit enter, and it doesn't show up) nor do I ever see any text chat going on, I rely on voicecomm. Now, I don't like to use voicecomm with people in my room (which is quite often, my roommate is here a lot), and some are hard to understand, and most just don't use it. Is there a setting I'm missing, because I can't find it anywhere? Or is text chat just straight up removed from the latest DoD version?
i used to have that problem too....NEVER could see my text i typed.
Now that you mention it....I have been using it lately and it works.
I think it might be server based as to if you can see it or a STEAM
update fixed it.
No, the problem is that you can only see text if you are using any other skin than the default. Its a pain, cause I use a 3rd party skin. So I just rely on mics for DoD.
Yeah, i had that problem to, quick is right. Just go to the defualt skin, or use mics, which ever.
Skin for wut???
I don't understand? I've never changed any skins on DoD and it works for me NOW??
Skin of STEAM..sorry didn't specify
You mean that silly different color you can make the Game list??
It's definitely not server based, I go to many different servers. But I guess I'll change the skin...
Any 3rd party skin that you have downloaded, maybe even that grey one, im not sure. The regular ugly green skin will let you see the chat.