VadaVaka

Full Version: manhunt banned in new zealand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found out that the guy in charge of censorship in new zealand has banned manhunt for sale or rent because of its extreme violence. I have seen a few screen shots and it doesnt look that violent. Its out for ps2 now and will be out for pc and xbox in the spring.
It's been given a restricted rating here. Meaning that you have to be 18+ to legally purchase (or rent) a copy.
The original version was recalled. The copies out there of it can still be bought but a new less gory version will be out and distributed through the states.
That kinda sucks that they do have to recall a bunch of games because its too violent. I dont think you should have to show photo ID to purchase a game but they sellers should be obligated to make sure its appropriate for the person, someone of 15 or 16, a rated mature or R game should be ok, but not to an 11 year old. Sell within reason.

Their is a large lawsuit in the states because some kids shot someone else and did it because they do it in GTA 3. Its like a 300 million dollar lawsuit :angry:

If you guys remember i did a lot of resarch awhile back to see if video games do cause violence. I got mixed results, some labratory studies said that they didnt, other said they did.