VadaVaka

Full Version: Aprill fools pranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have never done anything big for aprill fools. Why limit pranks for just one day?

So post some good ones (doesnt have to be on aprill 1st tho). I'll post one later.

Also doesnt have to be about mechwarrior 4
ok ok. .this one time--MECHWARRIOR 4!!!

hehe anyways. . I tied everyone in my familie's door shut (my sisters and parents doors are acroos the hall, so i just tied the knobs to each other) they woke up and were trapped that was a looooooong tiem ago
I never pull pranks :rolleyes:
I wonder if I'm thinking of the same prank anon is...
_Acid_Head_,Apr 1 2004, 12:09 AM Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/03/3...l.ap/index.html
yes of course. . google is pulling an april fools day prank!
They have before.
The ThinkGeek Newsletter!

April 1, 2004

Hello!
Ostensibly, most of you heard from us just a week ago, the temporal proximity of which would normally preclude us from sending this very email whose photons now bounce from monitor to retinal cortex, like flawed minds to choice. Ergo, doh! But aside from portraying The Architect, we recently stumbled across some stuff that we just needed to let you know about sooner than later...and today is the only day we can do it! Honest...

Free Magic Supersecret Binary T-shirt W/Purchase
1 Day Only!
One Day Only Promotion!! An otherwise unavailable limited run t-shirt is yours free! Just spend at least $10 dollars on anything on our site today (4/1/2004), visit the page below, and we'll do the rest. What's on the shirt? Um, not too much, just a message written in binary. Feel free to checkout the website if you are really curious and you have your trusty binary decoder in pocket. Otherwise, trust us! It probably says something like 'I Am So Smart' or 'Not Killed By A Bunny' or something like that. And, hey, remember, we don't offer free stuff in jest, we're good for it!

free tshirt

What's New @ ThinkGeek !!
Gastron® - Remote Controlled Hunger Eliminator
Forget the ludicrous trends of lo-carb diets, fat burning pills and dangerous cosmetic surgeries. Instead think of what really makes you lump up the pounds. Feeling hungry! It doesn't take an assembly programmer to realize that the simple solution for this fundamental cause is simply NOT to feel hungry. Easier said than done you might think. Not so! Not with the Gastron™. Simply swallow the smallish indigestible inflatable base station, turn on the remote control and you can instantly and safely change the fullness level of your stomach from anywhere (even the web!) Go from 'i need a chocolate cake' to 'i just ate a horse' in seconds without the calories OR the guilt! Approved by most agencies!
geek weight loss product

PC HabiCase - Small Furry Animal Paradise
Here at ThinkGeek we've realized that with the prevalence of home computers - and more recently, the Internet - folks are frequently forgetting to tend to their little furry friends. Sure you might have one of those auto-feeders and a three-month supply of water that allows your hamster to maintain its life functions - but your little buddy needs quality time and attention too! Now you can spend the rest of your life with your gerbil or hamster using our PC Habitrail case! A maze of interconnected tunnels weaves in and out of your PC allowing your tiny compadre to remember how much you used to care:
habicase

Pet Computer Viruses - Starter Collection
Computer Viruses are just as important a part of our computer history and our technological evolution as the piece of software that you are using to view this sentence. And like their biological counterpart, they can be just as interesting to classify, study and inspect. To this effect, ThinkGeek has assembled some of the more notorious Viruses from the nineties up through present day and placed them all on a linux embedded device housed in an attractive four inch square piano black casing. A side-mounted RJ45 jack allows you to SSH in from anywhere on the network to study, manipulate, and care for your new pets using a host of GNU tools and shells. May attempt escape but rarely needs feeding!
virus collection

PC EZ-Bake Oven In A 5 1/4 Inch Bay Drive
Long gone are the days when you need to leave your desk to get that poptart into the toaster or that hot pocket into the microwave. Just connect your PC EZ-Bake Oven into an available 5 1/4" bay, plug in the included molex connector for power, turn it on, and use your handy dandy plastic spatula to insert whatever flat foods you desire for desk-side baking! Minutes later you'll be enjoying a tasty treat AND you didn't have to expend any calories getting up! Comes with recipe book and a dozen cube friendly tips and baking tricks, like 'Creating A Tasty Ketchup Packet Reduction Sauce', 'Using Keyboard Crumbs For Fantastic Mini Tarts', and much more! Not recommended for overclockers or for use in our PC HabiCase:
EZ bake (for wha?)

CaffeDerm Patch - Wean Yourself Off Caffeine At Your Own Pace
Spend too much of your life in the cube farm drinking coffee for breakfast and then again for lunch and dinner? Feel restless, nervous, anxious & all around flummoxed? Can't seem to get your hands still enough to type an error free email? Then you need a doctor. But if you just want to get off the caffeine bandwagon, we've got the perfect solution, the CaffeDerm patch! Simply apply to upper arm in the morning and it will release a steady dose of caffeine throughout the day - just enough to keep you from ripping out your eyeballs but not enough to keep you wired. As you progress, simply use patches that are less potent until you have succeeded in becoming the most boring and unproductive person on the planet! Free tin of penguin mints with every purchase:
caffederm

Questions? Comments?
to be removed from this opt-in list --> see section below
about returns or order info --> [email protected]
for ideas or suggestions --> [email protected]
or feel free to call us at 1-888-GEEK-STUFF.
Privacy Policy/Removal
ThinkGeek will not give any of your information, including your email address to third parties, check out our entire privacy policy by visiting the URL below:

http://thinkgeek.com/privacy.shtml

You received this e-mail because you have an account at ThinkGeek and as part of the account setup process, you chose to have updates and information from ThinkGeek e-mailed to you. You can choose to be removed from all future mailings at any time. How? Just go to your "Account Info" page at ThinkGeek via the URL below and opt out of receiving emails and you won't hear from us again!

https://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/account/finger.cgi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#############################################################
S T U F F F O R S M A R T M A S S E S
#############################################################
www.thinkgeek.com

check out any of the links connected to the "items"
these dudes have too much time on their hands.
Hmmmm that habicase is giving me ideas :)
To think I could be checking to see if I had an infection while fragging..
Wha?,Apr 1 2004, 01:33 AM Wrote:I wonder if I'm thinking of the same prank anon is...
You are wha. That was a good prank. Wha and I were at a camp called Haliburton. We were camping a short walk away from a younger group who always try to pull pranks on us that never really work out. We decided to hit them before they had a chance to hit us. It took quite a lot of thinking to decide what excatly we wanted to do. We couldnt make it crude, or sexually suggestive, because of the age of the younger ones. We couldnt hurt them or damage their equipment, yet it had to be clever because of our excellent senses of humour. Several ideas were floating around, some of which included creating a large maze with picknicktables eventually leading from all the tents to the end of the dock on the lake. We decided against that, mainly because of the lack of table resources. We knew we would have had to hit them at night, mainly because we hate mornings. Plus of the increased alertness of the security in the area (the leaders). We eventually decided on the idea of hitting the tents. We decided to grab peices of string and tie the zippers on the tent together. For those who dont know, each tent has two metal clips that connect to the zipper. You spread the two to open it and pull the two together when you want to close it. The tieing of the metal clips together made one metal clip follow the other so when you try to open it, the other zipper will just be pulled along and close the zipper behind it. We now had a plan that was feasible with our resources and that we agreed upon. The next step was to think about the consequences, in particular what the leaders would think. This warranted deep psychological profiles of the leaders. We figured the worst they could do is yell at us and the cook would probably smack us with her wooden spoon. We decided to move along with the operation. Next step, reconnaissance. We took a look at where the tents were located and the proximity to the leaders tents. We memorised the area well, seeing is how we would have to navigate it during the dark. We had set a date and time to move out. We thought 2 in the morning would be good because odds are the leaders and victims would be in a deep sleep. It dawned on us that the leaders would probably be up earlier then the childern so we needed a way to let them know what we had done before the leaders found out. We decided we would shake the tents and remove the poles so that they would think that was the joke and try to exiting the tents to retaliate. We all agreed and that would be the icing on the cake... so to speak. We headed out at 2 in the morning and traversed the walk to the camp. We turned off the flashlights so that ambient light wouldnt wake up anyone leader or otherwise in the area. We split up into two teams and hit each base. The tieing went smoothly untill one of the leaders got up. To this day we dont know what excatly he was doing, but we had to run for cover and lay low for at least 10 minutes. The other team wasnt having much success either and I will let wha say what happened there. We were the first team out and waited at the rendezvous point for the other team. They eventually came and everything was successful. We went back and started shaking the tents like mad and pulling out a pole or two, before running like mad. We heard the "hey lets get them" and then the "whats happening?!?" as they tried to figure out the zipper. There were also some WTFS? We did manage to stay on the good site of the leaders, except for them trying to get us to confess and then making a big deal of it when we did. My reaction was, well... who else would have done it? I will also be posting what excatly they tried to do to get back to us and how it failed.