VadaVaka

Full Version: Under 45 reboot times are here again!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I knew it was just a matter of time before I would figure it out and I finally did.

I've run adaware I don't know how many times but uptill tonight it didn't find stuff. well tonight it found.

msg117.dll and a few other regentries

after a reboot I scanned again and guess what, msg117.dll and the reg files were still there. So I looked on google and found this...

http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.....zestyfind.html

Here is the long and the short of it.

Look for c:\windows\system32\msg117.dll if you have this file here then follow the instructions below.

Before doing any of this remember to turn off system restore cause you don't want to restore your system if its infected.

rename msg117.dll to some else like msg117.dll02

Then shut down your machine and boot it up again but this time as its booting up hit F8 and boot it up in safe mode.

Once its in safe mode go back to c:\windows\system32 and delete the msg117.dll02 (or what ever you renamed it.

(this is where it gets tricky)
Then under your start menu hit run and type in regedit

collapse all the - one there so that you just have the main section and My computer and click on my computer so that you know that the next part will start at the top.

search for
DDFFA75A-E81D-4454-89FC-B9FD0631E726
Just delete them, there should be 3 or 4.

Then go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\

and delete
Guardian

Now run norton and do a full scan. If it comes up clean then run ad adaware and spybot and what ever other anti spyware programs you have to make sure everything is clean.

Once your scans show nothing coming up, you should be able to shut down your machine again and then boot it up in normal mode and your booting should be much faster.

I know for a fact mine is. I went from over 2 minutes to under 45 seconds agian. WOOHOO

Before doing anything you should read the official page what I wrote here is what I did, you might have to do something more.
I knew you would get it Gwar. I knew it had to be a lil bugger in there. Now if we can see
if it was using a certain port for anything.
I can't seem to find what was keeping the ports open, and I am still trying to figure out how to close the ones that are open.
If you look in the help, I think mIRC can close ports manually.

amen.