VadaVaka

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know... Philly has Kearse and Dawkins, McNabb and Owens... Who or How can you top that? its like being hit by a train, then seeing it steal from you as it passes you by.... Its already over in my opinion... (Few AFC teams cause frankly... the AFC sucks)
Too bad Arsenal lost in the quarter-finals:(
I didn't know Michael Owens left Liverpool for Philadelphia:o

edit: oops you were talking about US football:P
Arsenal shoulda won that, or at least made it to the finals.
You must not be a very big football fan. First off, to get those players, philly lost like half of their defense. Ok, really it was just their two cornerbacks, but they were two pro-bowlers. The secondary of philly blows now, and jevon kearse is risky because he gets injured nonstop. Owens is highly overrated, and he'll probably try to deck mcnabb for running instead of passing it to him every down.

In your poll you missed a huge team... the redskins. If you look at what they've done in the offseason, they'll be very damn good. First, they got a coach that won superbowls with them before, joe gibbs. Second, they got the most explosive running back in he league, clinton portis. They finally got a reliable QB in brunell. James Thrash is back at receiver to compliment the rest of the WR core, which is pretty good itself. I don't think they'll win the superbowl, but they'll most likely play in the playoffs... they are in a pretty shitty division.

I picked the raiders in the poll only because I'm biased. I have every confidence that they'll be back in contention because the team has improved its defense and rich gannon will be back, along with whomever we get in our nice juicy #2 draft pick. I'm a bit concerned about our receivers, tim brown isn't what he used to be, and rice is still a great route runner and catcher, but has very little speed. Porter being back should help things, but we need someone else. Northcutt from the browns or a top receiver in the draft would be nice.

And the afc sucks? Wait a minute, I suddenly forgot who won the superbowl last year. Wait wait, you mean it WASN'T the patriots, an AFC team??? Damn, I be all confused now. The AFC is way more competitive and is more old fashioned football, aside from a few showoff teams. The NFC is all about chuck the ball up there and see what happens on our artificial turf. The rams are boring as hell to watch. So the NFC may have a few really good teams, but not many in contention, whereas watching afc teams go at it is a thing of beauty.
g-boy,Apr 13 2004, 06:24 PM Wrote:You must not be a very big football fan. First off, to get those players, philly lost like half of their defense. Ok, really it was just their two cornerbacks, but they were two pro-bowlers. The secondary of philly blows now, and jevon kearse is risky because he gets injured nonstop. Owens is highly overrated, and he'll probably try to deck mcnabb for running instead of passing it to him every down.

In your poll you missed a huge team... the redskins. If you look at what they've done in the offseason, they'll be very damn good. First, they got a coach that won superbowls with them before, joe gibbs. Second, they got the most explosive running back in he league, clinton portis. They finally got a reliable QB in brunell. James Thrash is back at receiver to compliment the rest of the WR core, which is pretty good itself. I don't think they'll win the superbowl, but they'll most likely play in the playoffs... they are in a pretty shitty division.

I picked the raiders in the poll only because I'm biased. I have every confidence that they'll be back in contention because the team has improved its defense and rich gannon will be back, along with whomever we get in our nice juicy #2 draft pick. I'm a bit concerned about our receivers, tim brown isn't what he used to be, and rice is still a great route runner and catcher, but has very little speed. Porter being back should help things, but we need someone else. Northcutt from the browns or a top receiver in the draft would be nice.

And the afc sucks? Wait a minute, I suddenly forgot who won the superbowl last year. Wait wait, you mean it WASN'T the patriots, an AFC team??? Damn, I be all confused now. The AFC is way more competitive and is more old fashioned football, aside from a few showoff teams. The NFC is all about chuck the ball up there and see what happens on our artificial turf. The rams are boring as hell to watch. So the NFC may have a few really good teams, but not many in contention, whereas watching afc teams go at it is a thing of beauty.
Hmm you must not follow the eagles... See to get owens it cost them 1 player and 1 draft pick... and they got the draft pick back anyway... those guys left cause there contract was over... all four of them.... they didnt trade much for owens or kearse.. and owens and mcnabb are friends... if you watched the all star game you woulda noticed that the entire time when they were off the field there were sitting next to each other talking... so there wont be any fighting... seconds off... with the nova care center here in philly you will notice that there will be much less injuries due to rigourus training... example... injuries 2 seasons ago before it was set up to last year... and not many of the afc teams are as talented as the Patriots... the reason it looks so good is because of the skill level being majorly even.
I think everyone counted the patriots out after there first 3 games, the coach is a genius. Tenn. is my first emotional choice tho.
Seahawks are gonna take it!^_^
ARGOS!
I didn't mean they lost those players through trades. I just said they lost a lot to get those particular players because of money. My point is that they are not the same team as last year but with two better players added, they are a worse team defensively with a dramatically overrated WR.
go RAMS!!!!!!
HEY ! ! ! WHERE ARE THE PACKERS ON THIS POLL! ! ! Oh well looks like i will have to go raiders...
Wanksta,Apr 18 2004, 09:39 PM Wrote:HEY ! ! ! WHERE ARE THE PACKERS ON THIS POLL! ! ! Oh well looks like i will have to go raiders...
ermmm "other" ?
g-boy,Apr 18 2004, 08:55 PM Wrote:I didn't mean they lost those players through trades.  I just said they lost a lot to get those particular players because of money.  My point is that they are not the same team as last year but with two better players added, they are a worse team defensively with a dramatically overrated WR.
first off.... they didnt lose vincent and taylor and emmons and finally staley because of the cap... they are just very cheap bastiches.... its not because of the trades..... we still have plenty of millions of dollars in the cap... And about the defense... dont get me wrong... vincent was amazing... he came to my school and was one of the nicest guys i ever met... but he was getting up there..... and everyone thought that after we lost douglas last year we were screwed... but we won 8 straight without him... taylor... was a good defender... but he often need somone else to help him take the guy down...emmons.... he was amazing... always has been.... started off with my second favorite team... steelers.... hes really talented.... quick as anything... but getting older and more suseptible to injury... and staley...... i think he was good.... but too needy.... not a big loss... and Owens is not at all overated... he can get hit by lynch and keep goin.... he catches anything within a mile of him.... and if the defender picks one off... hes in for a world of hurt... they showed owens in the Nova care center.... He is by far one of the most ripped guys i have ever seen... hes training schedule is absolutely amazing... and made dawkins look small... i don't think hes that overrated.