VadaVaka

Full Version: help with movies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I got a new computer. Sweet.

Before anyone asks, it's nothing too special. My computing needs are pretty simple. I only spent enough to get what I need, an e-machine.

BUT, I did spring for thr DVD burner, which come to my unhappy suprise, Wont Burn Regular DVD's! They have some protective bullshit file inside that tells my burner it can't copy them.

This is not news to most of you, I am sure.

So my question is this: where can I go to download decent full movies? I know people do it and I know some of those people view these forums. Any ideas?

Even if it requires a small fee, I am ok with it as long as I can download with no interuptions and the quality is decent.

Thanks,
Beastie
newsgroups
bittorrent, I <3 my somethingawful membership^_^
beastie is looking for streaming, lol
Well, you're not gonna find streaming dvd rips by paying a small fee somewhere, after all, it's illegal.
kazaa or overnet. overnet has unlimited selection, but is always slow. btw, when you get them, dont just burn them, VCD them!

btw, this site might also be able to supply you with full sized blanks, and programs with which you can get around that copy right nonsense.
theres a file inside your dvd burner that says it cant copy copyrighted dvds? are you sure its the burner? or is it the program? most programs that come with burners wont copy copyrighted dvds... get dvd decrypter

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/
Did you try burning an iso beastie?
IRC is good, there are some channels that have full dvd iso's. Im not sure what channels exactly though. There are newsgroups too, which are usually much faster. They only have a downside... the posts usually dont last long, so you have to wait a for someone else to repost. A good client for newsgroups is GrabIT, which I highly recommend. I dont have the link, just google for it. If you cant find it just pm me and i can send it to you if you like.
How big are the movie files?
Very big unfortunately. Ive seen em over 2 Gigs in size. But the quality is great.