VadaVaka

Full Version: THE ALLAMO MOVIE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

is the allamo a good movie, and does it have nice battle scenes where you have to go to see it in the theaters or is it more of a movie where it doesent matter whether you see it in theaters or you wait until it comes out of theaters to see it.
havent seen it yet but it looks awesome.
Its been out for a while, I saw it was pretty good. If you don't know Texas history then you might be like :blink:
even if you don't know texas history, it's the Alamo. . .almost everyone knows about the Alamo.

I have visited the alamo before and it is not that big so i don't see how they fortified it so well and another thing it was kind of scary knowing about all the blood that was ounce shed there and some traces still probably remain in the soil until this day. One weird thing i did notice while visiting the almamo was inside of the main part of it where they sell the turists gifts and stuff theye had a case of old guns knives ammo packs etc.. For sale i didn't ask but i wonderd if those were some of the accual ones used in battle.
I haven't seen it but based on reviews I don't want to. Evidently they portray Santa Ana as having almost a cartoonish evilness about him, when in reality the guy was just like any other general going into battle. And in fact all of the characters are portrayed way too exaggerated, and I'm guessing there are lots of historical inaccuracies (considering most of what we "know" about the alamo are myths). I don't know, I don't see it as being that great, it just never appealed to me since I first heard about it. The only action/special effects kind of movies that I'm interested in now are Troy and The Day After Tomorrow... Troy looks absolutely awesome, and there needed to be a good movie about the trojan war. And the other probably won't be great acting or anything, but the special effects look quite nice, just entertaining.

Oh and PLEASE... CARTMAN... LEARN TO USE PUNCTUATION!
I think he used a period in there. I just find it a great story, but since I know the history (somewhat), I didnt really want to learn anymore of it. Plus I havent been to the movies since kill bill 2 B)

g-boy i am used to typing on aim or mirc or cs or rico or bf-1942 or swat orrainbow or aoe2 or bz2 or empire earth etc....+many more all day long pretty much cause i get homeschooled so you will have to parden my grammer i don't mean that i can't put punctuation but i really dont like to i use forums kinda like an instant messenger type of thing cause i have way to much time on my hands and i know that it prob gives you a headach to read especially since i didn't put commas up ther ^ and to be frank with you i really don't type to make people happy {usually} i do it to prove point or ask question or state a fact again with the etcno hard feellings man but i really don't like people saying stuff {totally off subject might i add} about my grammer like they are the almighty cause they can reach there little pinky donw and hit the period or the comma so pleas don't read my stuff if you don't like because i like to type i don't know very many people you know : ( i had one good friend but he just got his licens and i just got a new truck {my first vehical : )} about a month ago but i havent been able to pass my drivers ed test yet so he has his and i don't and he doesent even talk to me enymore we used to stay at eachothers house like every weekend but i don't no what the heck happend! that sucks so when i wanna talk to people on the internet and make friends can you pleas not say the one thing everyone tells me in my life o i can't spell i can't type to fat! to slow! ahh sry just really tired right now i'll stop typing off subject.

enyways back on subject yes i don't think that the movie probably will portray things to be a little bit differ than they are in real life like it will probably make the mexicans looks like asses and americans look like heros well i'm not exacly sure what went on in reall life but i am pretty sure that we asked mexico if we could share texas territory with them then we lived there for a bit then we took it and i think the battle of the alamo was just the mexicans defending their homeland and {possibly i don't know} a bunch of rednecks pissed of cause i think the mexicans already sighned a thing giving us the land but maybe some rednecks didn't want them to have it i don't know can someone prove me wrong? < o question amark nice i like that one i summond the finger strankth for you g-boy

I'm sorry if i can't be perfect
Just a pet peeve of mine cartman, no offense intended.

Anyway, the defenders of the alamo were pretty mixed, there were lots of mexican-americans. Not necessarily that they were heroes or not, they certainly did sacrifice a lot to defend what they believed in. I just think the movie would take the whole hero vs. villain thing TOO far.
Actually, Santa Anna was an egomaniac and was ousted then reinstated as president something like 12 or 13 times.