VadaVaka

Full Version: FATAL ERROR!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it starts with a vote. not a posted one just verbal thing, you know to see who wants to play fy_iceworld. So I figure ya, iceworld is a fun map, and I havn't played it in a while. After the map changes I get this error and then I'm thinking "now I remember why I havn't played it in a while." I get this error for a lot of custom maps, So I'm assuming that i either don't have the file or it's not in the right place.

Error:
I just have de_vegas.wad in my maps folder, works fine.
yeah if you need the wad let me know, it just goes in your CS folder, not sure what it is for but it seems to fix the problem if it is there
there's also a map called fy_iceworld2k that doesn't need it I think
I still haven't figured out what exactly the wads are for. I'd like to say that it houses some custom level skinning images, but many maps don't have them...maybe it's just cause they mooch off of the original wads that come with the original CS maps?

I'm confused.
I figured it out shortly after I posted this heh:p . . .but thanks for all the help anyways! I would've notified you all of my victory over the fatal error of doom, but then i was busy playing cs...
i use winMX too :P
Kazaa rules all ;) Man u hav an empty desktop.
A ) WinMX and Kazaa can settle their differences on their own.
B ) Those two folders "Music" and "Misc" . . .they're the reason for my empty desktop.

what?. . so I try and keep it organized, sue me. sheesh
SoulEvan,May 20 2004, 09:28 PM Wrote:I still haven't figured out what exactly the wads are for. I'd like to say that it houses some custom level skinning images, but many maps don't have them...maybe it's just cause they mooch off of the original wads that come with the original CS maps?

I'm confused.
Yeah, its pretty much like that.
Most of the "original" maps already come with the wads already installed but some of the custom maps and older maps no one plays anymore requires their own wads.
Each wad comes with custom skinning images, like you said.
I got the same error when the map changed to fy_iceworld. So all i need is the de_vegas.wad file then... Is it possible to email or dcc send via irc? (BTW if Tension_Head reads this post... sorry buddy this was why i couldnt join you on iceworld the other day)
Oh. . ok. I almost forgot about that. When you didn't join I just assumed you had some sort of matter to attend to. but ya, all ya gotta do is download the wad and save it to "SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike\cstrike" . . .and then i can kill you a bunch!:upto:
Thx.

WAD's hold texture's and stuff for custom maps. If anyone remembers PunkGirl's update to Ricochet maps, they'll remember that they needed a new WAD to be able to see the texture of the walls correctly. In fact, this is also a way that hackers work to create see through walls so that they see you before you are around the corner.

All HL games come with their own .WAD when first installed, maybe more than one. Custom maps .WAD's go in the same folder.