VadaVaka

Full Version: This Doesn't Taste Like Diesel Fuel!??!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got this off the MekTek forums

Quote:Credit Fox News

A Scottish thief tried to siphon off someone else's diesel fuel — but ended up getting a mouthful of raw sewage instead.

John O'Hare, 73, and his wife May, 69, of Glasgow had spent a week touring Scotland in their camper van and had parked at their final stop just a few miles from home, reports the Scottish Daily Record.

While they were sound asleep, a thief crept up to their encampment with a plastic hose and fuel container, intending to poach some diesel.

He apparently stuck one end in his mouth in order to get the siphon going — and, in the darkness, the other end not into the van's fuel tank, but into its septic chamber.

The next morning, the O'Hares stepped outside to find on the ground: the plastic hose; the fuel container; the entire contents of the septic tank; and a puddle of human vomit.

"I hope the thief has learned from his experience and given up his evil ways," laughed John O'Hare to the newspaper on Sunday.

Also lying on the ground were several pound coins, which O'Hare thinks may have been robbed from a vending machine. He gave the money to charity.

"Fortunately for us," said O'Hare, "he was left with a nasty taste in his mouth."
That's a popular urban legend right there. The problem with it is the sewage release is on the bottom of an RV, while the gas tank is in plain sight. The only plausible reporting being from 1981, where the auxiliary gas tank had been converted to a sewage tank.
i have ...well more-so my parents have an rv. . the sewage thing is on the side near the bottom. . but not underneath the trailor. but then again. . i'm talking about a trailor not a motor-home
Its still a funny joke. :)
It's a valve controlled thing too, with the valve being the lowest point of the tank, since it's not supposed to keep stuff in. You drive up to a disposal site, hook up the hose, and open the valve. You don't need to suck the sewage fumes out to start a syphon to remove the sewage.

Near-impossibility aside, yeah it is funny.
It's possible that the thief didn't suck any fumes, though he probably expected to. That's really funny, but it makes me sick just thinking about the joke.