VadaVaka

Full Version: Film
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, most people here can probably see that i'm really into movies. all kinds of movies. but i'm pretty judgemental, and i see a lot of movies that would [easily] offend a lot of people. but some people go too far. i justify my opinions with what i think is valid, and reasonable.

this guy goes a little overboard.

most of his reviews, even the ones of movies i thought were completely wholesome and appropriate for children, are shot down with a vengeance. notice the banner that claims "we don't miss the point, we ignore it." this site left me positively pissed far beyond many other obscene sites i've stubled across on the internet.

i understand that many people have strong christian values, and want to be informed of the type of movie before allowing their children or themselves to watch it, but there are much better alternatives than this raving lunatic. i have a hard time finding anyone at all that gives a decent review of any movie, but there is one particular site that gives many films justice, AND has a background in superb christian values.
christianity today: film reviews
the reviewers are fair, and don't describe every little semblance of something that might have been offensive to the wildly secular christian. they are honest, they don't like them all, but they justify why. i was truly impressed, and have yet to find another film critic that is so balanced in their opinion.
so kudos, dudes of god, and your ability to be good people.
Yup....they do have pretty honest reviews at ChristianityToday.com. Very objective. They even gave good review to the movie 'Saved'
that just came out about hypocritical Christians at a Christian school. The reviewer gave some very good points and
actually saved the movie for me. If you want the glam and glitz (and lies) of movie reviewers....stick with E or Siskel/Egbert
or whichever one isn't dead. For me...I'll stick with the simple honest wuts-it-all-about.

ps....the REST of the website is alright to read also....NO JOURNALISTS SWINGING BIBLES HERE..:P
ROGER EBERT IS A RETARD. he tries to justify his reviews, but he doesn't come close. he confuses names, misplaces characters, spoils the ending, and eats puppies for breakfast. i don't like him one bit. he needs to stop writing reviews, and kick the bucket like the other guy.

oh, p.s., gene siskel is dead.
I do something very simple, I ignore all reviewers that are paid to go review movies. :)

I look at the ads on TV, I look at teh website, I look at http://www.upcomingmovies.com and read all the info they have about the movie. The site is not a review site, its just give info of who is going to be in it, what the basic story of it is and stuff like that.

Then if I like what I see, I will go see a movie (if I have the money). So far doing it this way I have only had one real big dissapointment and that was Mortal Kombat 2, then again I didn't pay for that movie anyway, I won tickets to it. :)
Ewwww Gwar......you're right.....MK2 was horrible!!!!
erp..... hmm looks like super heroes are getting slaugtered almost every year by fox, or other companies.
brokend,Jun 18 2004, 11:06 AM Wrote:he confuses names, misplaces characters, spoils the ending, and eats puppies for breakfast.
Hey, if you had to watch 800 movies a day......you'd eat puppies too.

I don't read critics. It's too opinionated. I read objective spoiler-less summaries before I go to movies. I'd rather not hear someone's opinion. I'd rather analyze the movie, then form my own opinions.

P.S. If you know a movie critics name because he/she is very publicized, that is probably because he/she is owned by a faceless corporation, and occasionally is a$ked to review certain movies in good lights of types or something. Run. On. Sentence. Conspiracy.
some aren't all bad. take this dude for example.
Yes, but he's not that publicized. We know of him, and other people we know also know of him, because of us.

He also hasn't updated in quite awhile.