VadaVaka

Full Version: Happy Father's Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today is the day we honor our father's with gifts and breakfast and mostly just staying out of their way so they can enjoy the day.;)

I know some players are dads so I thought I would take the time to wish them a Happy Father's day and remind those of you that forgot .......to be nice to your dad's...some of our players are wishing they still had theirs, so be kind to yours if you have the chance
Happy fathers day everybody, I just got home from work and Im going to spend the rest of the day kicking back and taking it easy. :D
Happy fathers day to all. Tis also fathers day in Canada, but we do it much better then you guys do. I got my dad ACDC's back in black. Personally I was amazed when the thought had come to mind to get that album cuz i thought for sure he would have it. He did, but on LP, so it worked out well. I still have yet to give it to him, so I have to keep him off the forums for awhile.
Bought my dad a new grill. It's the exact same version of his 22 year old grill. Don't mess with success, just don't.

[Image: one-touch-silver-22.jpg]
I had a grill just like that, it was awesome, but after years of use and dragging it around, one of the legs broke off. :(
Ok...I don't get it...:blink:

How come if Dad's get a grill or a lawnmower....they get excited about it,
but if you get a Mom a dishwasher or new clothers dryer for Mother's Day....
the men get put in the doghouse??? Tell me this ain' true!!!:P

Think about it.

Dad gets drill----bliss.
Mom gets mixer----doghouse.

Dad gets weedeater----happy.
Mom gets new clothes iron----doghouse.

Dad gets new oilpan for automobiles---he happy.
Mom gets new cooking pans-----doghouse.

HELP!!!
Man has a simbotic relationship with their machines. Example, every internet forums at one point or another has had a very large thread about the hardware on their computers. We just had one about guitars. These things are status symbols. Women on the other hand dont want to be type casted into the homemakers role. The man doesnt mind the grill because it shows he has the means/reasources/skills to provide for his family, the man hunting. Women may enjoy cooking, and do it often, but they dont want it to be expected of them (typecasting). The new juicer shows its expected of them. So getting your man a bbq is a good idea, getting your woman a food proccessor means you will be sleeping on the couch, not that you mind, because its like a camp out.
fritoman,Jun 21 2004, 09:03 AM Wrote:I had a grill just like that, it was awesome, but after years of use and dragging it around, one of the legs broke off. :(
On my dads old one the legs slowly but surely became entirely made of duct tape. Then the 3 little blades to clear out the ashes became one little blade. I figured it was finally time.
LOL Anon.....I'm still laughing!!

I'll tell ya....if someone got ME a grill or a lawnmower for Fathers Day.....bleh.....
I'd rather have the juicer!!!
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Jun 21 2004, 01:56 PM] Man has a simbotic relationship with their machines. Example, every internet forums at one point or another has had a very large thread about the hardware on their computers. We just had one about guitars. These things are status symbols. Women on the other hand dont want to be type casted into the homemakers role. The man doesnt mind the grill because it shows he has the means/reasources/skills to provide for his family, the man hunting. Women may enjoy cooking, and do it often, but they dont want it to be expected of them (typecasting). The new juicer shows its expected of them. So getting your man a bbq is a good idea, getting your woman a food proccessor means you will be sleeping on the couch, not that you mind, because its like a camp out.
:D
this man is wise beyond his years.....where did you learn so much about women? sociology major?
i bought my dad a bottle of whiskey...
Doghouse Solution

Dad gets drill----bliss.
Mom gets tennis bracelet----bliss.

Dad gets weedeater----happy.
Mom gets new diamond necklace----bliss.

Dad gets new oilpan for automobiles---he happy.
Mom gets new diamond earings-----bliss

^_^
i see an uneven spendage of cash here lil face. Anon states the 'symbiotic theory'. Lil states the
'bribe theory' and I have to lean on that one for sure. :D
I wouldnt call mine the "symbiotic theory" its more of a BS theory. Well if you want to make sure the spendature is even you can always get dad a cordless drill or something and for mom earings. Word to the wise tho, dont get perfume/makeup maybe even clothes, unless your hinting you want to go camping.

Edit: Yes GRITS, that one class I actually went to turned out usefull, looks like I owe you a coke.