VadaVaka

Full Version: EBV human virus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dont know if you know this human virus. But could you explain what the EBV human virus is?

a little flash comes:P
http://mcardle.oncology.wisc.edu/sugden/Fl...imation/ebv.swf
It has been around a long time...stays around a long time....sort of hibernates....you can have it for years and it will show up when your immune system is down (fighting off something else)

Causes mononucleosis (mono) or what is known as the kissing disease in the states and is highly contagious

It is a virus which means it is small and can mutate to a different form.... so while you can treat the symptoms actually "curing" is difficult and you can get it more than once

herpes are in the same viral 'family' and that is the reason you get "fever blisters" in the same place every time and they show up when you are not feeling well, remnants are always in your system. There are 7 different types of herpes simplexes with EBV being called Human herpesvirus 4.
genital herpes is simplex 1 and simplex 2 is the one on your lip...except I think the two are actually overlapping more these days.

Worse case.... EBV is found in people with lymphomas (cancer of the lymphatic system)

not sure I answered your question
If you have mono it will wear on your immune system and you will want to sleep a lot and feel miserable, dont share anything with anyone since it is contagious.
1 and 2 you get topical cremes to keep it 'under control' but you will always have it and in this day and age I would think a responsible person would inform their sex partner.

disclaimer I am not a doctor just giving out the information I have on the topic
GRITS,Jun 22 2004, 04:41 PM Wrote:disclaimer I am not a doctor just giving out the information I have on the topic
That reminds me of some movie comments ^_^

But thx, I might come back if i have another question
I ask GRITS about all my health question, as well as giving her a full detail of the days injuries. GRITS what do i do about this penny sized bruise?:P
stop pushing on it and it will go away :D
That's no bruse Anon....it's a hickey!!!
but why is it covered by my pants?

ohh :blsh:
erm.....anon... GET YO DAMN PANTS ON BOY!!!
scary movie 4:P

what pleas tell me you were saying that about the whole annon thing cause if another "scary movie" is coming out i am gona freak the last once was soooo.... stupid they were thrying to be funny though i think.