VadaVaka

Full Version: woohooo japan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yay im@in japan... just to prove it... ‹C˜‚ÆŠÔ‚É‚Í‚­‚¿‚Æ‚É‚Í‚­‚±‚É‚È‚ç‚Æ‚¿‚­‚Í‚É‚Æ‚±‚É‚Í‚­‚É‚È.

that has no meaning btw, thats just keystabbing.

this place is awesome.
Multibyte characters won't show up here.
thw wha? guy is right! all we see are those special characters like upside down question marks and. . well actually this is what it showed

" ‹C˜‚ÆŠÔ‚É‚Í‚­‚¿‚Æ‚É‚Í‚­‚±‚É‚È‚ç‚Æ‚¿‚­‚Í‚É‚Æ‚±‚É‚Í‚­‚É‚È. "
lol I wanna go in Japan... :( and go and press those funny special characters!
[04:31:32] * FreeFall slaps MorningStar around a bit with a large trout
I would go just for the food. :wub:
man I bet it is awesome there, I would love to see japan. :), tell us about the small but interesting things there that everyone wants to know about but they never tell on the travel channel. ;)
did you lose all your money and have to work in a fish gutting plant yet?

"Knife goes in, Guts come out, thats what (i forget the name of the company) is all about!" -Simpsons!
Tokyo -
3 areas visited so far
1. nice suburban area with takeaways everywhere serving all kinds of food and a bustling small shops type scene, pretty cool and also pretty.

2. touristland, meiji shrine, olympic memorial etc etc really good but food comparatively expensive.

3 akihabara electric city, THIS IS GEEK HEAVEN. Whilst not entirely overawed i can defoinitely appreciate this place... sega world with an entire floor dedicated to street fighter two, cheap everything everywhere, before it comes out in the uk, various gadgets, floor after floor of anime, dvds, film stuff (eg. busts pf darth vader and lightsabers (unfortunately i couldnt test them and they probably dont work).

off to central tokyo soon, then off to the country somewhere as yet unknown (fuji?? nagoya??? i dunno perhaps hokkaido.

erm... other stuff... trains awesome, weather awesome so far, vending machines practically every 2 paces...hot coffee really expensive but iced coffeee cheap from said vending machines.....McDs sell fish bites instead of chicken nuggets.... takeaway sushi really nice but watch the wasabi, turkish kebab van parked up on the kerbside really good but not very spicy and as much of a risk as any other dodgy kebab shop....
takeaway food everywhere really good pretty cheap, but breakfast is always a problem cos most places do not open until 10. This includes all normal shops, the place just doesnt start till ten.
got a digi cam with ya Annatar?
nah... probly shouldve brought one.

currently in hiroshima, pretty vibrant city with groovy web cafe playing jazz music. Also went up mt fuji.. altho the bus timetable is pretty lame dont believe the doomsayers... you can easily make it up and down in time to make the last bus as long as you are in reasonable physical shape. I was warned to take my own water up with with me, as it is expensive and no streams, as it happened it rained constantly and the water destroyed my phrasebook which is a bit of a problem really.

Oh... NEVER go to the kawaguchiko youth hostel. The beds are reasonably comfy but thats the only good thing i can say about the place.... you are pressurised into taking a shower when you arrive (and in fact cannot take one any other time apparently so its worth doing so) doors are locked at a paltry 9pm, midges seem to sneak in (i apparently have a big sign over my head which says EAT ME in insect language), the old geezer manager pops in to spy on you at 5am and you get woken up with a blast of classical music at 6.45, you not only must leave at 9 but from 8.40ish onwards you get near constant evil stares till you leave... Anyway nice fun rant over. just dont go there ok??
Have you seen Godzilla or Morthra yet?

Remember to NEVER yell Godzilla in a crowded movie theater there....you could cause a stampede.
Ok now i have two reasons to go thanks to that geek place and to yell godzilla.
GODZIRRA!!!
REAVE IMMEDIATERY!!!:lol:
lol :P
Sounds like the locals would be better fit for you.
Yeh anon you would like akihabara... but dont go there without money... youd feel like the child at christmas with his nose frozen to the toy shop window.
hasn't anyone seen "Lost in Translation"? great flik, and has one of my top ten ladies in it, Scarlett Johanson (see also "Girl with a Pearl Earring" and "Ghost World").
kyotos pretty awesome too.... would write more but running out of web time.
brokend,Jul 8 2004, 08:34 AM Wrote:hasn't anyone seen "Lost in Translation"? great flik, and has one of my top ten ladies in it, Scarlett Johanson (see also "Girl with a Pearl Earring" and "Ghost World").
Go see the "original" version. It's called "Hiroshima Mon Amour." I liked it even more ^_^