VadaVaka

Full Version: Robosapien:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The Robosapien is the first affordable intelligent entertainment humanoid of its kind. Developed by robotics physicist Dr. Mark W. Tilden, Robosapien is the first robot based on the science of applied biomorphic robotics, enabling him to act more like a human. Tilden, who developed applied biomorphic robotics, has worked for NASA and other government research agencies developing advanced robotic technologies.

Fiesty and filled with personality, Robosapien is a humanoid with attitude that comes to life at your command. Using the ergonomic remote control, you can command Robosapien to perform up to 67 pre-programmed functions including pick-up, throw, high-five, whistle, dance and three different karate moves.

Robosapien reacts to both touch and sound signals from his environment, and sensors in his feet allow him to recognize and avoid obstacles without help. He has two types of three pronged grippers that enable him to pick up objects like cups, socks, pencils and other small light objects.

Robosapien also comes equipped with fast, fully articulated arms, and his fluid biomechanical movements and pendulum walking motion make his movements appear more human than robotic. Robosapien's impressive flexibility is evident as he walks in two different speeds, dances and 'turns on a dime'.

Robosapien is manufactured by Wow Wee Toys Ltd., which is a leading manufacturer of interactive high-tech toys and innovative electronic entertainment products..

[Image: robosapien_main.jpg]
So, can he go downstairs, make me an omelette, get a drink for me, then serve it to me? Or is that a feature that cost more?
Hmm, but I doubt my dog would like to see something smaller than him walking around with a plate of food. Perhaps the robot will need those karate moves.

Ah. But does it recognize objects that will lead to its destruction? Mhahaa. Here robot, carry this quarter stick, I mean candle, to the other side of the yard.
What if it mistook your giving it a quarter stick as the beginning to a game of pass?
Well then, I would need TWO robothings. Um. Can you hold this candle for me while I tie my shoes, don't mind the superglue on it.

Woo I can edit. BTW how much do they consider affordable and affordable by whom?
Robosapien is manufactured by Wow Wee Toys Ltd., ???? a joke ??
i've actually seen that robot advertised on tele, can't remember anythin else though