VadaVaka

Full Version: Do something good!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In our daily lives, we rush, rush, rush to cram in all the 'important' things we 'have' to do. We 'have' to have that NEW car. We 'have' to have that NEW computer. We 'have' to have those NEW clothes.

Well...do this for yourself one day. Get up and look at how blessed you have been with your lives. Look at all the stuff you have...all the luxuries you have....all those things we take for granted EVERY day. Don't you think it's time you gave something back and blessed someone else's life?
I was driving to work this morning and saw a homeless guy sitting on a bus stop bench, shaking, dirty, head in both hands looking at his feet. He looked about 70-80 years old with messy white hair and a weather worn face of wrinkled leather. As I passed him, God pressed on my heart to feed that man. Homeless people have always made me nervous....safetywise and consciouswise. People look at them with the plague and run. Well....I felt this strong feeling to get this man some food. I went to McDonalds and got double of what I get.... "The Big Breakfast" and a Coke. I sped back and there he still was sitting. I pulled in and motioned to him to come here. He shakily walked up and I said that I had an extra breakfast if he was interested. The look on his face was so rewarding. He took the sack and drink and I told him "God bless you" and drove off. Man...I'm here to tell you...I had tears running down my face....from sadness for that guy and happiness that I might have made just one little bit of difference in that guy's life that day. The Bible says that God has a purpose for everything that happens. Well...I don't know who was more helped in that situation...that guy or me.

I encourage and challenge EVERYONE. Do something loving this week for someone you know or especially DON'T know. Mow your neighbor's lawn. Give a homeless person something to eat (don't give money...the Missions say don't do that...it won't help them). Visit an elderly person you know and give them your ear if just for a few moments...they would probably love to talk to ANYONE. Donate some money to a charatible cause. I am now sponsoring a child in Thailand named Nathapol Kanmaha (age 5). If anyone is interested in helping children...DO IT!!! It is awesome!! Check out some of the kids you can help at Compassion International These guys will not steal your money and are just about the best organization there is for children.

Do something meaningful and worthwhile for someone. You won't regret it and it just might change your life. Do not do it for recognition or pride....do it cuz you honestly want to help your neighbor.

Quote:Matthew 25:35  for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
Matthew 25:36  naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Matthew 25:37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink?
Matthew 25:38  And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Matthew 25:39  And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Matthew 25:40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.

Peace.;)
That's what christianity is about.. none of this moral warpath crap.