VadaVaka

Full Version: Hollocust school trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted the pics which i could, there are some things which i couldn't take, i guess u understeand why...

[Image: Beds.jpg]

[Image: Camp.jpg]

[Image: Forest1.jpg]

[Image: Forest2.jpg]

That is me standing Near the place where the natzis killed a massive ammount of jews into 1 hole.

[Image: Gate.jpg]

[Image: Road.jpg]

that is the road where they walked to the gas chambers.

[Image: Water.jpg]

The water pic is where they droped the ashes of the ppl to.

[Image: Oskara.jpg]

[Image: Ruins.jpg]

[Image: Sellection.jpg]

My grandma was selected to go to a work camp over there, which that is the thing that saved her life

Post what ever u think of, If u wanna ask me something u are welcome.
wow...i've got a goose skin... :ghost:
Sent shivvers down my back too. Its scary what humans can do to other humans.
it is scary. yes.
and we have still problems cause of those thing. not only cause of the holocaust but cause of the nazis
why cant I see the pics? :angry:
weird, the other could
1 word... hosts file, well ok maybe thats 2 words I can't count...
*HOLY CRAP* Shalk you got to go to poland?
*HOLY CRAP* Shalk did you get your haircut?

yeah thats just freaky.
I'm 1/4 Polish! My great grandpa's parents put him on a boat to New York when he was 13 to avoid the war. He worked for a few years in construction then heard about the booming logging industry in Washington state and settled in Aberdeen where he later met my great grandma. They married went on to have 8 children, the youngest being my grandma.

I don't know anything about my great grand parents on my dads side other than they were german and that their son, my grandpa, commited suicide :/ One of his two sons, my uncle was a colnel in the US airforce and flew in the Korean War. I remember him telling me stories about his plane being shot down in the Korean sea and sharks attacking his crew before they were saved. Only a few survived.

Has anyone seen the movie The Pianist, directed by Roman Polanski...a childhood survivor of Nazi-occupied Poland, Polanski was uniquely suited to tell the story of Wladyslaw Szpilman, a Polish Jew and concert pianist (played by Adrien Brody) who witnessed the Nazi invasion of Warsaw, miraculously eluded the Nazi death camps, and survived throughout World War II by hiding among the ruins of the Warsaw ghetto.

As with Schindler's List, it's one of the greatest films ever made about humanity's darkest chapter.

great movie, very sad, but somewhat happy ending
We had alot of driving in the bus so we saw both of the movies, Pianist is a great movie indeed