VadaVaka

Full Version: Columbus Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hear I am off on Monday for "Columbus Day"
Ok being a workaholic is probably why I don't know about all the "one day" holidays that seem to proliferate each year.....what is this one about? any ideas?
ummm the day Columbus found America (even though The Scandinavian Viking found it first:P)
Most teachers don't get it off. They usually have a 'meeting' which I always wonder what they would talk about.

I don't exactly get Monday off. Everyone except my school's seniors have it off because we must present our graduation project :wacko:.

Oh and, what Fuzzy said :P, but I don't agree with 'found'(history books say he found it) as there were already people here.
^ Yeah, there were people here already (that we took advantage of), and he didn't find "america" on columbus day, he found some island in the carribean.
Its the day the goverment "found" to be a good day to take a paid holiday.
Canadians have thanksgiving off. I think someone found this out and whinned a lot untill you guys got a paid vacation.
ugh.... october... the month I get no days off..... at least I get off the 16 this year and not the 23.....:wacko: