VadaVaka

Full Version: Ashlee Simpson makes an ass of herself live.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night on SNL, on live Television, Ashlee Simpson made an ass of herself. Her first song was an obvious lip-synch, it's as if she didn't know the song she was singing. Okay, first of all, I thought SNL only allowed live performances, apparently this is no longer true. The "made an ass of herself" part came at the end, her second performance. I laughed hard, it was actually the only time I laughed during the whole show, she failed to lip-synch, the pre-recorded track messed up, they played the wrong one or something. Not knowing what to do, she did a little hillbilly jig and finally decided to walk off the stage leaving her band there with smirks on their faces continuing to play, shortly afterwards NBC going into commercials. The worst part about this is when they came back, she blamed her band for "playing the wrong song". What a horrible excuse, and what a <several lines of bad words here> piece of trash industry ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***. Granted, her voice does suck, she shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a microphone (and that's why they made her lip-synch, I'm guessing), but COME ON, if you're going to say something like this in an interview, you don't go ahead, be a hypocrite and lip-synch:

Interview with "Lucky Magazine"

LM: What are your takes on lip-synching?

AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

Here are the videos, first, her screwing up: http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

Then the "apology" (blame on band): http://www.askross.com/Ashlee.avi

Hope you got a laugh from this:)

ps. I really hate pop music.

[Image: ashleeeee.gif]
Damn I missed that. I knew she was performing on SNL, but I did not watch her since I usually skip that stuff.
Don't worry man, I just posted the best part of the show, I personally don't like SNL much.
what a blond :lol: :lol::lol::lol:
WOW SHE IS REALLY STUPID!!!!
Wish I had seen that... I blame the writers for not making it funny enough to watch. At least on a regular basis.
One of my neighbors is obsessed with her, and we were all watching when it happened. Wow, we laughed a lot.
DAMN!!! i missed that part!!!
i seen the first performance and then changed the channel due to commercials....

DAMN THE CONVIENANCE OF THE REMOTE CONTROL!!!

"i feel so bad my TV changed to the wrong channel... "
Blazed,Oct 24 2004, 05:53 PM Wrote:what a blond :lol: :lol::lol::lol:
hmhmhmmh GRITS is blond ???

ITS GRITS!!!! ehhhhh or..... yea
I dont mind being blond....but you insult the blonds by including her :-)

I hear she was such a........you know that word that is blocked here........... during rehearsals that they actually put on the wrong song on purpose :thumb:
burn Ashlee burn
omg....this girl is so stupid....and....(I won't say it here:P ).

and she doesn't even look good....
GRITS,Oct 25 2004, 02:17 PM Wrote:I dont mind being blond....but you insult the blonds by including her :-)

I hear she was such a........you know that word that is blocked here........... during rehearsals that they actually put on the wrong song on purpose :thumb:
burn Ashlee burn
only one thing -->:)
Never heard of her before this came up. Personally I think live performances should actually be preformed live, no lip syncing.

If I went to a concert I am paying to hear the person sing live, not prerecorded that I can get on a CD. Paying 50+ bucks just to listen to a few songs that I could have hears listening off the CD is not worth it in my books.
My sentiment exactly, GB.

I suppose that's too risky, especially if the voice gets touched up in studio.
She supposedly has the #1 album in the country :rolleyes:

edit: (The U.S.)
I always found it kind of funny that on her TV show of her making the cd She absolutely SUCKED. Then on her songs she wasn't as bad as that... and now the already known truth comes out.
I guess just a little while ago she said in a mag that she never lipsyncs and does not like people that does that. LOL BUSTED!!!
Uh yeah I quoted that part in my post. It's in bold.
HAH! she deserved it for being a dumb b:cens:.. she will get her comeuppance!!!
Lip syncing has been an issue in pop music for awhile. Good to know this is one for the good guysB)
damn millie-vanillie (sp?) for making lip-synching trendy.

they all should be lashed, because it's a LIE, and nothing less. why perform at all if it's just a recording to begin with? <_<

!!!!
it's so frustrating....
Instead of "______ in Concert", it should be advertised as "_____ listens to their CD live (featuring rhythm section)"

At least then nobody can claim you lied.
This may be irrelevant to the discussion, but i always thought it was "lip singing" instead of "lip-synching"

Well, thats what i keep hearing anyways.

Maybe i have bad hearing:)
hm..i know it under: play back using...lol
Apex,Oct 26 2004, 03:23 PM Wrote:This may be irrelevant to the discussion, but i always thought it was "lip singing" instead of "lip-synching"

Well, thats what i keep hearing anyways.

Maybe i have bad hearing:)
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lip-synching