VadaVaka

Full Version: letter TO Holdouts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making a list of things we either need added or changed or checked on the servers

All the different mods

Please let me know if things are quirking or if we need new updates etc. I am trying to get all the information in one place so be as specific as possible please.

Thanks
GRITS|VAD
The NS server crashes every 5 minutes, even when only two people are playing.
We figured the ns problem is metamod missing entities, link to a possible fixed version, compiled by hullu

http://forums.unitedadmins.com/index.php?s...opic=39088&st=0

Others reported that it fixed the crashing.
Try and get a mod like psycho stats added to the Ricochet servers, I think psycho stats COULD work with the Ricochet servers with some changes and what not.
it would be great if u could upload soe other arena-mode-maps to the ricoarena server and not only rc_arena and rc_arena_tourney^_^
I think psycho stats for all servers would be cool.
I actually thought stats would be a bad idea because it makes me way too competitve. If we can have some stats where it doesnt take them on me or anyone else who doesnt want it, then im all for putting it on.
I would prefer having the servers running in good shape before adding stuff like stats.
Yeah, I think the Ricochet server crashes enough as it is.

[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Nov 4 2004, 12:06 AM] I actually thought stats would be a bad idea because it makes me way too competitve. If we can have some stats where it doesnt take them on me or anyone else who doesnt want it, then im all for putting it on.
lol add the ricochet stats so me and anon would go at it that would be dope ricochet physcho stats.

Power and Glory,Nov 4 2004, 02:59 AM Wrote:I would prefer having the servers running in good shape before adding stuff like stats.
i mean P & G if you guys look it its doing the same shit like it was doing in WoN. Its always been crashing for years. I dont see anything new I guess people just start taking action on how the server crashes alot.

The server is always going to crash unless a miracle happens. I would love to have the stats tho. So i can be a pro pubber ricochetz0r.
Why are you calling my name out for? Like I have anything to do with the servers. First of all the Rico servers have only been up for 2 years. You make it sound like 10.

All I was basically saying is why add anything until we deal with the crashing first. The problem can be fixed cause they were not always as bad as they are now. I am not in the techinical know how though to offer any kind of help.

Power and Glory,Nov 4 2004, 04:26 AM Wrote:Why are you calling my name out for? Like I have anything to do with the servers. First of all the Rico servers have only been up for 2 years. You make it sound like 10.

All I was basically saying is why add anything until we deal with the crashing first. The problem can be fixed cause they were not always as bad as they are now. I am not in the techinical know how though to offer any kind of help.
i wanted to feel Proper using the quote thing thats all.

Ok the servers been crashing for 2 years nothing we can do about it. I think we should addl them.
The former RicochetMasters server had Phycho stats installed and didn't crash. But then we had the sysadmin (Maelstrom) to install the Ricochet path from in here and the server started crashing.

Phycho stats does not seem to be the solution.
I dont like the idea of stats cos itll make it less tempting to help out new guys. I mean, I lose equally to new and old players, and its not entirely due to my talents in the art of falling.
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Nov 3 2004, 08:06 PM] I actually thought stats would be a bad idea because it makes me way too competitve. If we can have some stats where it doesnt take them on me or anyone else who doesnt want it, then im all for putting it on.
you could always turn your head the other way:D
its weird but when there are like 11 or 12 ppl in the server (24/7 Arena), my ping is going high... u can change the slots to 10, that is my oppinion but as u like

12 just leave it as it is i say.
Thanks for all the input

The status page has some working I will get with GB and see if we can figure out the other servers.

Holdouts upgraded and fixed psychostats for the CS server
http://www.holdouts.com/stats7/

and installed psychostats for the ns server http://www.holdouts.com/stats15/

he also got adminmod installed on the ns server.

He is still changing providers so the pings will even be lower than now. Ips will be changing again though. But if using DNS names then will be no big deal when we move again

Still working on stuff just wanted to update everyone.
I was going to say, stats might be a good idea to help pick up some regulars on the server. You beat me to it, lol. Thanks.