VadaVaka

Full Version: HAPPY THANKSGIVING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not real sure how they picked the date...it is always twenty-something because it is the last Thursday of November. In celebration of the pilgrims landing on Plymouth Rock our day of thanksgiving, where we give thanks, have too much food (usually turkey),watch too much TV and inevitably fight with or about some family member.

I want to thank the player that felt compelled to send me the following...hope you don't mind that I shared.

The Parrot

A server owner named GRITS received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. GRITS tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else she could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, GRITS was fed up and she yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. GRITS lost it and shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. Then, in desperation, GRITS threw up her hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that she may have hurt the parrot, GRITS quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto her outstretched arm and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior." GRITS was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As she was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

<span style="color:green">HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
</span>
I never heard about this parrot:P

Happy thanksgiving. I wish we had as many days off as you guys do for it.
lol this story is great:D

we don't have thanksgiving here..but Happy Thanksgiving to you:)
Olbest,Nov 19 2004, 04:04 PM Wrote:lol this story is great:D

we don't have thanksgiving here..but Happy Thanksgiving to you:)
u stole my words olbest