VadaVaka

Full Version: project for local nerd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing css and they have a built in tk punishment system, anyway that system if flawed. If you tk in the spawn, and then reconnect your back in the same round. I was hoping one of the programmers here could take a look at it and see what they can do to help improve that. One option is slay on site, but the problem with that is you often get TK's by accident. Anyway hopefully this will fend off bordem for a little while.
I like the system I seen for TKs. Its much like the 3 strikes system but the person killed can forgive a TK.

Basically if I shoot a team mate I get a warning that I have 2 TKs left. If the person wants to be spitful then they do nothing but if you feel that its an honest mistake (that does happen quite often) you can say "forgive tk" and the system will remove that TK from you so that you could kill upto 3 of your team mates again.

It is a great system. If you feel they did it on purpous you don't have to say forgive tk, if you feel it was an accident and you are the forgiving type you just say forgive tk and its removed.

I have been in firefights where I killed my own team mate by accident and they knew it was by accident so forgave it. Then again I have killed others by accident and didn't get it forgiven. Its all up to the person you killed.

After you get 3 TKs you get kicked. I wouldn't mind taking that a little further and have the person banned for say 2 minutes. That way they can't just kill their team get kicked and rejoin right away to annoy their team again. I have seen people do that and there was no admin around to do anything about it.

At least with the 2 minute ban it gives someone time to get an admin

Course an even better idea could be it adds someone to a TK banned list. Basically if you have been kicked or banned more then 2 or 3 times due to TKs you are gone for 48 hours. After 48 hours your name is removed off that list and you can play again.
The source plugins will probably have a "fix", in fact the one I told grits about has some protection.

Quote:Spawn protection is setup to immediately slay persons who fire at team mates within a configurable timelimit after the round starts.

The spawn time limit is from when players can move after buying weapons.

If a player has not spawn attacked on the map. The first punishment will be that they are slayed instantly.

The second time they spawn attack, the player will be slayed and miss the next round.

The third time a player spawn attacks, the player will be slayed and miss the next two rounds.

As you can see the punishment grows the more a player spawn attacks.

Changing team, sitting out round or leaving and re-joining the server will not make any difference to the punishments.

Auto ban
A persistent team killer spawn attacker can eventually be banned by the plug-in.

The number of tk violations required for a ban can be configured by changing the server var.

A TK Violation is defined as a TK or Spawn attack in a round.

Only one violation is counted if it was a spawn team wound/kill violation.

If a team kill happens after the spawn protection time the plug-in will add 1 violation to the players tk violation counter.

The plug-in will immediately check if the player has hit the limit for tk violations and ban them if they have.

Forgiving a player does not affect the tk violation count unless the server var is set to 0.

The ban time is adjustable in the  server var.
is this something I was suppose to add or did add miagi?:(
no its not on your server GRITS, dragonlady and myself played there the other night and you cant TK on your server anyway.
I'm not sure if i've seen the 3 strike system you brought up GB. I have seen the popup which allows you to forgive the TK, slay on site, slap ect.

I did like what Miagi said how rejoining wouldnt impact the punishment. Thats the biggest flaw right now.
I encountered the 3 strike system alot on TFC servers when I used to play it.