VadaVaka

Full Version: $500 Sunglasses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel kind of sorry for Johnny Cage in Mortal Combat when his $500 sunglasses were crushed. Why? Because he didn't have a mp3 player.

Seems Oakley combined sunglasses with a mp3 player and are charging $495 for them. Don't know about you, but that's crazy. For $495 I would rather buy a mp3 player with GB's of storage and a pair of $10 sunglasses.

http://www.oakley.com/catalog/colors/eyewe...idium_polarized

For $495 I would be afraid to wear the sunglasses. Here's one question though. Where would you wear them? I wouldn't be wearing them at the beach, have to take them off to go swimming. The car has a radio and you could buy $10 sunglasses. Jogging, I would be afraid they'd fall off and I'd step on them.

From now on, if someone wants to spend $500 on sunglasses, they should just give me the $500 and I'll buy them a pair of $10 sunglasses and a cheap mp3 player and I can keep the rest.

Oh, here are some "action" shots.

[Image: v46.jpg]
[Image: v47.jpg]
[Image: v43.jpg]
It should also play videos.
ya for that price I would get 2 or 3 pairs of sun glasses and an IPod and have 20 gigs of storage

also those mp3 sun glasses can only hold about 128 megs of mp3s I think it is and you can't get them wet at all.

There are some for swimmers that transmits the sounds through the skull
how much would one of those set you back?
umm not really a bad deal for oakleys, I use to pay $295 USD for oakleys without the music
This looks somehow nice, but too expensive...
GRITS,Jan 30 2005, 06:29 PM Wrote:umm not really a bad deal for oakleys, I use to pay $295 USD for oakleys without the music
Sure Oakleys are nice, but for 20 bucks (or cheaper) I can get ones that are just as functional and alot easier on my wallet :)
Oakleys have always been a high price. They are nice though and worth it if you have the money to toss.

I don't see why that the 128meg thing is even an issue. I mean they are sunglasses they don't need gigs of storage. For their purpose they are fine. Then again I don't see why people need gigs and gigs of storage for music to begin with.
Power and Glory,Jan 31 2005, 01:27 AM Wrote:Then again I don't see why people need gigs and gigs of storage for music to begin with.
For their gigs and gigs of music? :D

Somedays I am in a classical mood, somedays I am in a metal mood, somedays I am in an everything mood. It would be nice not to have to upload new music everytime I am walking out the door.

If I can put 2 or 3 hundred mp3s onto one device and not worry about hearing a repeated song for 2 or 3 days straight of playing music then I see that as a bonus.

At least locally the 64 and 128 meg ones are in the 100 to 200 buck range, the 5 gig ones are in the 300 to 400 range, and the 20 to 40 gig ones are in the 500 to 600 buck range.

One other feature I like about the bigger drive ones is that you don't have to use all the space for mp3s. You can store files on them too. I have gone to many places to fix computers for people and had to bring with me 10 to 15 CDs with stuff on them just to make sure I had all the stuff I needed. Now a laptop would have been nice with all that stuff, but as long as the computer had a USB port having all the stuff on my mp3 player would have been very handy. Less stuff to carry around in the end.

Heck even just grabbing a bunch of files and bringing them over to my friends would be so much easier with an IPod or nomad for storing all the files and listening to songs.
For those near the black market, Oakies to the rescue