VadaVaka

Full Version: WONID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SO I'm fed up with this WONID..lately I have been playing under other names, but no it matters not because people have come to recognize my wonid. Now ll i want is a little peace. Sure my playing style is easily recognizable, i mean i'm the only one who constantly jumps backwards everywhere...but i mean is it so hard to ask to remain concealed? I think not.
So what i think is we should get rid of that nonsense wonid reader on VADS/GRITS and put it back to how it was before...Oh and G-boy, sorry If i found you out, but only I know. And frito...you keep my name secret too.
a b
Ya but I dont want to have to ask. Thats the whole point. Once I ask, its over.
I don't think you should have to ask. I try to never 'reveal' anyone's alias... just common courtesy is the way I look at it. I even say hi to the person again under their 'new' name when they change. I think someone who comes in with a different name does it because they are "in that persona" and should be addressed with the name they are using...not the one you know them by. I always use GRITS unless we are playing the name game....I have different personalities just like everyone else...but if I came in as Vad ......I might have to kick myself :blsh:
I don't think "status" is exclusive to Vad's/GRITS servers. I think you can check them on any server and it was never added to mine to my knowledge just comes with the game. When you see your name on the screen that says "welcome back" it is not viewed by all and is not how people are checking wonids
a b
I agree Wha? ..........people might not have realized it is not a hide and seek game and you "win" if you say my 'real' name I also agree that most of the players will respect your request if you have to ask....
nah i really just wanna disappear
if you want to disappear, do what I did...buy another halflife game and switch wonID's when you feel like it..

it is that simple
Yeah... you can get people's wonid on any server... when you first enter and it looks like it tsay's your wonid, it's only to you, no one else sees it. And "status" is just a general command.
well nevertheless, if one person knows it and knows who i am, that is enough for me to be unhappy about the situation.
I don't understand, I don't see why random numbers 402497 would upset someone. Do you wear a wig and mask when going outside?
I don't understand why so many active players have been going anon lately... if you're obviously too good to be new everybody is going to be bothering you to know who you are.
they can bother me all they want, i'm not going to tell them. as long as they dont know i'm satisfied. Thanks, by the way, Jabbster.