VadaVaka

Full Version: New internet service.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We changed over to verizon fios, its sick.
yeah.
nice!
your ping is sexy ^_^
Now, stuwie can take over the world faster!
WTF!?!?!?
-1 latency??
you can go that low???
No, Scrye. A ping lower than 0 is impossible. Ping is the time it takes for your computer to send data to the server and back again to your computer (in ms). The ping of -1 is some strange bug in Steam, I already experienced it sometimes.
so now there will be no complaining when we play CS S :P
Reciprocity its a good thing I was not drinking anything at the time cause those ping times would have made me spray everything against the monitor.

Damn they are nice. cause that don't translate to what you actually get in the game. Most of the time I go on servers with a 60 ping and while I'm there its 90 or higher. Not sure if this is the same for everyone (higher ping then whats advertised)

But at least you start off with a kick butt ping.
wow guess the only thing you are really missing now is a new mother board;)
<=0 P~~~~
fritoman,Apr 29 2005, 10:27 AM Wrote:so now there will be no complaining when we play CS S :P
We're still on a 1ghz board...
Mind stretching some of your fiber optics wire into Northeast PA?:D
I would love to, assuming you supply the cable...:P Grits is right, the connect is too good for the comp. lol. Verizon fios, bug them till you get it, if you can... Its a good deal too, 35 a month for 5.4 down 2 up. For 10 more a month it could be 15 down. *ponders* Anway its a huge improvement over the dsl which had an upload cap of 15 kbps.
I don't know how fios really works, but i wonder how it will be once it becomes very popular. Cable was super fast too when it came out, but as more people got it in the area the speeds seem to have got more slow.
Reciprocity,Apr 29 2005, 08:35 PM Wrote:I would love to, assuming you supply the cable...:P Grits is right, the connect is too good for the comp. lol. Verizon fios, bug them till you get it, if you can... Its a good deal too, 35 a month for 5.4 down 2 up. For 10 more a month it could be 15 down. *ponders* Anway its a huge improvement over the dsl which had an upload cap of 15 kbps.
or $200 a month for 30 mb/s

*ponders, and drools*
cable runs through a pipe so if everyone has it in an area, it will slow down. Fios is similar to dsl in that its an individual connection to the company and doesnt share bandwidth with neighbors, so its good and staying this way.:)
Hey rec, mind if I post that screen shot over on MekTek. I want to see a few jaws drop when they see your pings to servers.
In terms of the ping I think he's a very advanced bot:blink:
the_bee52,May 14 2005, 06:22 AM Wrote:In terms of the ping I think he's a very advanced bot:blink:
You ever play reciprocity???? it wont change your opinion if you do, we all think he is a bot with hax even;)
sure gwars.....and lol grits.