VadaVaka

Full Version: the NIN record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought the new Nine Inch Nails album the other day...i gotta say that i'm a little confused. Musically, for the most part, it was as great as ever (there were a couple exceptions...), but i've a nagging question:

What's with these god-awful lyrics?

A friend of mine said that it is probably Trent Reznor's big joke on his fans. Or maybe it's that he's gettin old. I can definitely say i enjoyed it, but to what degree am i lying? at least 14.5%, i think.

if you like reviews, check out the one by meathead (AWITHA_TEETHA).

either way, what did the rest of ya think?

(oh, and for anyone who knows what i'm talking about, why does he always put his chords in root position??? Be free, and invert them!!)
I havent heard much of the album, but from what I have heard, it hasnt impressed me.
Only song I have heard from the new album was don't bite the hand that feeds you, and it didn't impress me at all it was nothing like I was hoping even though it was one song but when I started listening to them no matter what song it was because for me I just fell in love with that poetic dark style he had. Maybe he is just getting older or changing to a different style I dunno but I agree with you.:)
ok well first of all NIN is one of my top 3 bands.... 2nd of all, you guys suck... and 3rd of all, the hand that feeds sounds like he went back during pretty hate machine, and while I think that it's a damn good single the rest of the album is quite a bit different from it. "Getting Smaller" and "Beside you in time" are probably my favorites on the album for now.
I would have sad something along those lines... but i'm not a diehard fan... so... i didn't feel it my place...

and closer isn't that poetic in my book:P
it's different to everyone and anyone who listens to them I love NIN to all the way I was just saying what I was thinking and since brokend asked I thought I would just answer in my own way and I did.
Thats what I did to DL :thumb:
Wow, I totally missed this post. If I saw it earlier I would have been posting like a mofo. NIN is one of my favorite bands ever, and I think there new cd is great. But let me stress this though, this a good cd, but it doesn't compare to "The Fragile", which is probable going to go down as one of the greatest cds ever released. lol ;) I think the lyrics are really good in the new cd. There are a few songs that are really awesome. I really like the songs, "All the Love in the World", “Only", “Sunspots", and "Beside You In Time". "The Hand That Feeds" and "You Know What You Are" are good. The rest are okay..."Everyday is the same" seems like I herd it before and thats a bad trait for a NIN song, I think. O yeah, and im guessing he is starting to really really like the piano a lot. It’s in more than ½ the songs on the cd, buts it’s a good mix though. Over all, I think the cd is great and Trent once again shows his awesome talentB). Now only 6 more years till the next release. :o

Just curious, what are some of yalls favorite NIN songs of his earlier cds. I like: Even Deeper, The Becoming, Somewhat Damaged, The Only time, The Great Below. Plus many more but these stand out right now.

*for any really big fans, check out the NIN website, and go to the visuals links. They put some videos of live studio performances with Trent and a few band members. The Becoming one is done beautifuly.
heheh I love them all really but most I love is Like a hole, Something I can never have, closer, and terrible lie I can go on and on but those are just the ones that I can name for right now hehe glad to know there are so many NIN fans as myself:D
now guys, don't get me wrong; i listen to a lot of music, but i have to admit that my favorite band has gotta be NIN. After i listened to the cd the first couple times, i didn't enjoy it as much as i'd hoped, that's all. So far, i think that all of his previous records are better (my fav being the Downward Spiral).

this record isn't bad, though, it just seems (dare i say it??) too commercial, like he was trying to make all the songs a single that could be played on the radio. they aren't bad, they just seem a little ... formula. it's not a bad formula, but i can't help but parallel NIN to Linkin Park on this record.

oh, and for all of you who play guitar, i figured out the chord progression for "Right Where It Belongs." simple, repetitive, but i think it's my favorite song on the new album.

Main: EM DM Bm GM
Chorus: Am CM GM DM