VadaVaka

Full Version: Something to fill your library GRITS :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Penguin Classics Library Complete Collection

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/014...4519817-7552742

Quote:From Edwin A. Abbott to Emile Zola, the 1,082 titles in the Penguin Classics Complete Library total nearly half a million pages--laid end to end they would hit the 52-mile mark. Approximately 700 pounds in weight, the titles would tower 828 feet if you stacked them atop each other--almost as tall as the Empire State Building.

Quote:Complete list by author

Complete list by title

Some of the authors are...
Charles Dickens (19 titles)
Graham Greene (19 titles)
Henry James (20 titles)
William Shakespeare (47 titles)
John Steinbeck (23 titles)

At one book a week it would take you about 20 years to read them all. lol

Oh and its on sale right now, normally its $14,000 bucks USD but right now its only $8,000 bucks USD, get an extra 30 bucks off if you use visa. lol

I don't even want to think what shipping would cost lol

How does one read soo much. Reading sucks. I fall asleep after the first 3 pages of reading I get really bored.
err..:blink:lol
Wow i finaly agree with vash once i fall asleep to after 2
scopekill,Jun 29 2005, 08:54 PM Wrote:Wow i finaly agree with vash once i fall asleep to after 2
How do you know what Vash wrote if you fall asleep while reading his post?:P

because this topic utterly has no purpose to it.
while this collection is rather amazing (great reads, here), it's still lacking.

where's ayn rand? Gabriela Garcia Marquez?

sweet jesus, where's Chuck Palahniuk??
Trigun.Vash.Ace.Shot,Jun 30 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:because this topic utterly has no purpose to it.
How about this. If you don't like something don't post crap about it, don't say anything about it, just don't hit the reply button, its just that simple isn't it.

This topic was made because I thought it was funny and amazing that Amazon was offering over 1000 titles of some great authors all in one collection.

Personally I would love a collection like this, I have no place for it, but to have so many books by so many different people would be great.
brokend,Jun 30 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:while this collection is rather amazing (great reads, here), it's still lacking.

where's ayn rand? Gabriela Garcia Marquez?

sweet jesus, where's Chuck Palahniuk??
Its the entire Penguin Classics collection so I guess if they are not penguin books they would not be included in that collection, or if they are not considered classics then they wouldn't be in there either.

Either way its still a great collection:)
if Penguin Classics can't give me my Chuck, then i don't need their stinking library. ^_^