VadaVaka

Full Version: Nice Job Gwar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice forums lets hope we can get some good discussions going. I like the colors too they are easy on the eyes.

The colors are the standard color for this board. I'm gonna see if there are any nice skins out there and add them to the list that way people will be able to have what ever colors they like. :D
Yay! Forums, Good job to all the Vadavaka crew on their work.
There is still lots of work to be done, tweaking of the forums to get them working just right, putting up 2 more whole sites (one for HLDM and one for CS), phasing out of the bravenet stuff to get rid of the popup ads and a few other things.

We're still working on getting the player stats up and running thou they are alot harder then I thought they would be.

And also I'm going to add pictures to the site within the next few weeks I hope, including screen shots to help people see what kind of game it is.

I love doing all this stuff cause its for something I really enjoy. Games lol
If we even end up with a PHP site I can skin PHPBB:)
Meh, this is a sweet board...

I was gonna say the colors aren't... but you've gone for Snow skin rather than the very default one... You might wanna think about just adding different style sheets first so that it gives different color effects... and then work on the other aspects as time goes by:)
I've already added about 8 different skins for the board and I'm now working on a few guides to help people change stuff.

I should have the guides done in a day or 2. I just have to actually sit down and write them out. :D

I'm also cleaning up the avatar and emotional icons folders from MekTek (the other site I work at) I will be adding them to this forum too so people will have LOTS of choices for stuff. But it takes time to go through over 1400 pictures. After I am done the doing the guides i'll sit down and look through all the Avatars.

My to do list keeps growing :)
I also plan on making a skin that will match the sites when I'm through my todo list a little more. :D

Need any help with board/skin stuff, let me know. I can certainly provide a skin to match the design I'm working on... at least color wise...
Sweet work Gwars:)keep it up
Look at how the foruims came out since then...GJ

i kinda just didnt like seeing this as the first thread...so here it is
Coolness gwarsb.
Thanks again :)
Quote:I like the colors too they are easy on the eyes.

Sorry but I have to disagree, I dislike websites and message boards with bright colors, easy on the eyes? How so? You're basically staring at a lightbulb, don't forget that.
You do know that you can change the skin of the site don't you so that you are not looking at the lightbulb.

I don't like bright sites either, but I left it on 2 of the standard skins that come with the site. I have put in a bunch more that are much easier on the eyes.

I'm using Altered Forumsv2 Its nice and dark.

Go into your settings area, the look down in options and click on Skin and Languages. Then pick the skin you like.

No more lightbulb:)
Quote:Sorry but I have to disagree, I dislike websites and message boards with bright colors, easy on the eyes? How so? You're basically staring at a lightbulb, don't forget that.

I don't even know why I'm commenting on something I posted well over a year ago but anyway I changed my skin on the first day. That is why I said what I said. Why the hell was this post dug up anyway?
I'm not sure...

* Gwarsbane smacks wank around with a tuna...
Finally, a skin that doesn't burn my eyes.
oh, man, that feels so much better. thanks again gwars.
yay now I can use the dark skin! didn't ever think of this.

I like the gray-on-black look. A lot.
Now I'll have to change the colour of my avatar.. Oh well.