VadaVaka

Full Version: Ricochet Musicvideo, come and get it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, after me teasing you for a few days I can finally provide you with the link to the video.

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/123506.shtml

I hate fileplanet in that you have to sign up to download, but the video is a 60 meg file and I don't want to slow down Vadavaka.com or Holdouts.com if the file becomes popular. I hate the wait time for the file, but hey what can I do its a free place to dump files. :D

I will be submitting this to Planet Half-Life to maybe help get the Ricochet community a little more spotlight time
I think that Vadavaka.com is a relatively good place to put it. How slow will it make things? If we can still do other things while it is d/l I say add it here.
Maybe some of the computer gurus can give me an idea of how inconvienent it would be or make other access.
60MB is a lot for a download, especially for this site. I'm not positive how much bandwidth the web site has but I have a feeling that making a file this big to download could cause problems.

Remember I am a developer, not an network admin...I speak the language but don't understand all the concepts. ;)
I Have d/l it ... not so fast tho... (80 kb's) and Gwar contect me... i wanna know how to make movie:)

maybe i will plan on one B) i will start record my games from now ^_^
The main thing that I'm worried about is that if this becomes a popular download then it will suck up the bandwidth from holdouts.

If its not a popular download then we wouldn't have to worry about bandwidth.

This is how I explain bandwidth...

a modems connection = a straw
my cable connection = a garden hose
Holdouts connection = a firehose

With each connection you can push or suck different ammounts of water/data through it. But only to a point. The more people you have connecting to your connection, the more your data/water stream is going to be split.

We'll say that the holdout connection can handle 300 connections without anyone noticing a speed drop. But if we double that to 600 connections all trying to download stuff from holdouts the speed will be cut in half. If its 1200 connections then the speed will be reduced to 1/3

Now I don't know how many connections holdouts can handle before people will notice a speed drop but I didn't want to take a chance and drop it on there.
anyone have probs with download missing some compression problems with quicktime on this, or quicktime missing something?
I can't stand quicktime :)
I'm not in that video, therefor it sucks.
Give me the file. I will post it on my network. You can download like crazy then if you like. My 45 Mb/s
will handle it just fine.
I'm still capturing demos. Some have been good, some haven't. I'm deleting the ones that don't have any realy useful footage in it.
OK gwar....check your mail...it's ready to upload.
I use Windows Media Player for this. Quicktime has been a problem for me at times so I only use it for files that need to use it. That's why I wish IGN would change their format for movies.
Thank's Pix. File has been uploaded. I'll make sure I put a big thank you to you in the e-mail I'm going to be sending to Planet Half-Life about the video.
i would love to download but fileplanet and me waiting dont get along:(maybe if someone could direct me to another d/l site:)
Don't worry, along with Pix's link I'm working on getting one other mirror. :)
Ok
Here is the link
Ricochet Movie

You can also just go to http://www.clanut.org and click the downloads link
Thanks a bunch Pix :D
That was great Gwar, only thing that was probably lacking was different points of view. I'd have loved to see Frito's or Jabba's perspective, but other than that it was cool. B)
Really funny Gwar:)
thank you for the mirror Pix
Great movie Gwarsbane, the three musketeers. ummmm, can we say royalties.
The next video I'm planning will have different points of views.

What I want to do is have 2 people playing and recording a demo of the same game. When what I would do is mix them together.

The more groups there are that do this the more diverse the video will be.

I need to figure out a way for people to get the dem files to me a little easier. Could do it by e-mail but the hotmail account sucks for space.

I'm checking around now to see if there is some place that I can set up a private FTP for people to upload their dems to

But for now if people want to start doing this then here is what I suggest...

Both of you agree to make a dem at the same time before the fighting starts.
Make the names of the dems similar. If its Jabba and Me fighting then name the dem in alphabetically. gwarvsjabba Then both of you add a 01 at the end so that it shows its the first battle (just incase there are more dems you want to do). Then the first person in it puts an a at the very end and the second person puts a b at the end.

So when the demo is sent to me, I will see gwarvsjabba01a if it was from me and gwarvsjabba01b if it was from jabba.
Oh ya and I showed someone the video that don't play but was interested in playing. He quickly changed his mind when he started to get motion sickness just from the video. :/
a b
do you want just arena stuff or dm stuff too?
I'll take anything as long as its Ricochet. This stuff is on hold for a little bit now thou, some things have come up and I don't have as much time at the moment to work on more videos.

Thou, i'm thinking of going and doing some demos of TFC too. :D
PIX,May 15 2003, 02:31 PM Wrote:Ok
Here is the link
Ricochet Movie

You can also just go to http://pr0clan.sys-op.net and click the downloads link
Dude, pix, that isn't the movie. That's a ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing HL mod

If someone want's to upload it to www.blynk.net, or could use a real mirror in the future, just let me know.
I beg to differ...Just click the link below to the movie.

Gwar's Ricochet Movie

What do you mean "its just a HL mod????
noxious look again, I checked the links myself, they are links to my music video. It has been zipped up because there is a text file and a codec with it, but inside is also a AVI that I made.
Someone's editing it or something.. click the link within my post (within the quotes) that waswhere the link pointed eairler today. I assure you. I DLed it and installed it.
Sorry noxious but you are right. The link seems to have changed. Pix you should look into that. I could have sworn that you the link you sent me was through pr0clan.sys-op.net

My video is at...

http://www.clanut.org/modules.php?name=Dow..._op=getit&lid=1

The other link....

http://pr0clan.sys-op.net/modules.php?name..._op=getit&lid=1

is pointing to the vampires download
Pages: 1 2