VadaVaka

Full Version: Woo, CHS are city champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chatsworth High School baseball... Los Angeles city champs! We've had like the top team in the US for about 3 years. The team was 32-1 this year, including playoffs. Our starting pitchers were 15-0 and 11-0. Justin Cassel (the 15-0 guy) pitched a 1-hitter for the championship. I know last time I checked, Chatsworth was rated #2 HS baseball team in the nation... might be #1 now, not completely sure. BTW, Justin Cassel's bro also went to Chatsworth, he may take over as starting QB of USC now that Carson Palmer is gone. Damn that family...
Just a note... I'm happy as hell our team is so good... maybe someday when one of these guys makes the majors, I can say I was at school with him. However, I don't like any of the players or the coach, lol. The coach was my PE teacher in 9th and 10th, weird as hell. The players are all morons or ######s. If you wanna know what I mean, watch this show on HBO Family, it's on like at least every other day, they keep repeating it. It's called "Freshman Year." Basically, they took a documentary film crew to Chatsworth HS to interview students, follow them around, see what goes on, they talk about what it's like being a freshman at Chatsworth. Incidentally, they did this when I was a freshman, so I know a lot of the people in it, and I'm in the background a few times. They followed around Cassel... man, major jerk, haha.
Anyway, this post was absolutely useless, just kinda bored. Guess I'm trying to find the light in the darkness... we seriously have a horrible, shitty school, terrible administration, bad teachers... but at least we were on an HBO documentary and have a good baseball team. Volleyball were also city champs... but who cares about volleyball?
You have no idea how important baseball is to the people of Omaha...I am sure they probably even know some of the players at CHS ....for Omaha is the home of the College World Series in baseball....I never knew this until I moved here...the whole town turns into baseball city this week...even if the cornhuskers arent in it...Commercials on tv spout "world series sales" and restaurants have their 'baseball specials'...it is incredible how many people get together at the local bars to watch or listen to the games ...all of the parking lots turn into extended drinking holes....my alma mater is in it for the second year in a row and I have yet to make it to a game...I use to go to them all the time in college but mostly for the social aspect becauses you could watch and talk at the same time...hmm some habits are hard to break...basketball is by far my favorite sport to watch lots of action and you can see what the players look like....but I digress :blsh:
I never once went to one of our baseball game... I thought of going to the championship at Dodger Stadium... but I realized that the only baseball I like to watch are the Dodgers, because I follow them closely and root for them... so I can tolerate going to a game for them or watching on TV. But watching high schoolers, no matter how good they are, wouldn't be particularly fun. I do have one player that is in a lot of my classes... he's the smart one on the team, has like a 4.2 GPA in AP and honors classes. Supposedly he's like one the best defensive third basemen... not a bad hitter either. So sad how our baseball team is the best, and our football team just reeks. Anyway, baseball is relatively popular in southern california, lots of major league players come from our high schools or colleges. Still, it comes #4 on my sports list... I prefer hockey, football (those two are like equal in interest), and basketball.