VadaVaka

Full Version: Post ur comp specs/most expensive comp u have seen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are mine:

GeForce4 Ti 4600
256 MB of SDAR RAM
750 MHz Athalon Processor
20 Gig Hardrive
Windows XP

the most expensive computer i have seen in a store was $10,000... it was Alien Ware..
We have 7 $78,000 RS/6000 UNIX servers at work.
5 $48,000 Web/SQL Servers.
And of course they bozos paid $6000 for each workstation in the office.
Quite a pretty price.

I got a $14,000 IBM B-50 RS/6000 AIX UNIX Enterprise Server for home. It runs my DNS and Qmail for my domains.

Ok....next please.
AMD XP1800
256 megs of ram (might be moving to a gig of ram soon)
48x24x48x burner
6x dvd reader (I think its 6x)
40 gig HD
80 gig HD
Floppy (removed)
ATI Rage 128 32meg video card (I want to move this to a 128 meg card)
3 case fans (one for each of the hard drives and one for the video card)
windows xp

Most expensive computer I have played on... $100,000 Server for a college

Most expensive computer I have seen with my eyes... a few million Server for a company

I have a $10,000 to $15,000 on paper that I would love to build, but just don't have the cash right now.
Hell yeah....a nice $15000 home built PC would be choice !
hey, servers = cheating:P. in september, in honor of HL2, i am buying the best mobo + cpu + ram + vidcard i can find for 1200 bux or so (unfortunately, no dual cpus kids), so whatever that is, i will prolly have it.
the best out in September....all for under 1200 bucks....good luck ...new procs will be around 500 bucks probably unless they
goin at it with pricewars again.
Here's my pimped out machine.

1ghz athlon
128 133ram
60 gb hd
tnt vid card
a ghetto mouse held together with tape.
The mouse...
and...dsl..woohoo...finally:D.....going from 300+ ping to 50-80 is amazing.
That mouse is priceless
pricewars = my lucky day. and i meant the best stuff that i can get for that much, not the best stuff at that price. besides, i can already get a p4 3ghz at 800 fsb with mobo for under 450, and i'd like to think that that will still be pretty damn fast. and throw in some liquid cooling and i might have some overclocking fun.
make sure that mobo combo isn't too good to be true. They like to throw a Corvette engine on a Pinto chassis. Make sure the mobo isn't some generic piece of doo doo. That is where they hold back and you save so much moolah.
I have a:

1.6ghz p4
256mb 2700 stick of ram (will be upgrading to 1gb soon)
80gb hd with 8mb buffer
geforce2 mx400 32mb vid card (will be upgrading soon)
gateway optical mouse stolen from school $$$
DSL (my isp capped my upload speed to 15kb/s WTF, will be switching to earthlink soon)

As a graduation present I got a $300 gift certificate to Fry's, a computar store in my area, I'll be getting some newer shit with that.
its not a combo, i dont trust those. ive been looking at the asus nforce stuff that they have for pentiums, its what i have now for an athlon 2100, i've had it overclocked to a 2700 with a higher fsb and it was doing fine (it just had a little problem when i messed with the ram latency, lets just say that i am sick of registry errors). theyre strong mobos and i trust them from experience.
1600 Athlon XP
256 MB Ram
Windows XP
120 gb Hard Disk + 20 gb Hard Disk
8 USB ports
5.1 channel sound ( 2 in use )
40 speed CDRW
DVD Rom
Geforce 2 MX graphics ( fine for rico )
4 port inbuilt network hub
600K cable modem access
errr.. 1 x Floppy drive..
Zalman CPI cooler
2 x Case Fans

Now your all asleep, bah..
agreed...i buy ASUS and SuperMicro mobos.
I want a new radeon 9800 256 although i would only need the 128 mb. I don't know why I would ever need 256 yet.
i maybe building my own computer this summer. The parts I want so far is:

PIV 2.6Ghz (unless the 3.0+ get cheaper)
Asus mobo (the best i can get)
Nvidia GForce 4 128Mb (i would consider the 256Mb but someone told me that they perform worse cause of current mobo limitations...i dunno...help)
1gig of RAM (the fastest RAM I can get...u know it)
The HD will be adequate..don't know what size though.
i have a SoundBlaster Audigy (external), so I'm keeping that.
i may upgrade to XP or just use my trusty 98SE for a while.

if this is too much trouble, I may be buying a complete system that is upgradeable at least.