VadaVaka

Full Version: The "I know GRITS" threats don't work....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I have been admin, I have had many people, who shall remain nameless, tell me that they know GRITS when I have told them to stop doing something or they will get kicked and/or banned.

They think a threat like "If you do that to me I'll tell GRITS" scares us admins or something.

Here is a basic fact for everyone that thinks a threat like that will save them from being kicked or banned. IT WON'T! In fact it will just get ya booted faster.

The Sr Admins and Jr Admins were all picked for specific reasons. If we think something is wrong we have all proven that we will get a message to her about the problem and we'll help people that seem to have problems. She trusts our judgement on stuff, thats why we were picked.
I was just talking to one of the newer admins about this very same subject.
I don't believe I have actually ever gone 'against' an admins decision. I may be wrong but I dont think I have. I have had players banned that have been allowed back on but not because I did not believe the admin was right in banning them in the first place. All of the admins were chosen because they know how I like the servers run and I trust them to use their judgement on how to handle an infraction.
"I know GRITS" or "GRITS wouldn't mind" should never deter you from your first instinct of how to handle a situation. It is equivalent to saying to your father....."mom said I could" in my house that didn't change my dad's answer....EVER.
I know admin access comes with a lot more responsibility than it does amenities and I appreciate all the help I get from all my admins...dont give them a hard time...that is one rule I enforce....
not real sure of the exact wording but the intention is clear....you screw with my admins and I will ban you....:D
You mess with an admin, and you mess with the FAMILY
i once had a random player in "Vad's Holdouts Server" claim that he and Vad were "good pals" and that "he" (referring to vad) wouldn't mind foul language if it were coming from him. so i don't believe people when they tell me Vad won't mind. especially when they make reference to a guy.

But I do know GRITS .... !
Shows just how close we really are when they call me a guy:P

Vad/GRITS
Maybe he saw the pic you posted of that guy way back and you said it was you. lol
well, based on PIX's avatar, one could conclude that a woman resides there. or maybe, that's just what they're hoping. ;)

All Linux administrators are as soft as a woman ;-) They have to be... try anything hard with it, and it'll become to difficult to control.... just like a woman ... *runs*