VadaVaka

Full Version: Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking and heard about the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Never thought a thing about it until I found out that it is supposedly based on a true story. The debate part is what really makes you think this is true? The adults here might be able to remeber if there was anything about it then on the news (if they can remember.) But what else really makes you think this is true? I've been doing research ever since I found out and can't find anything on the subject. I think that this isn't a true story.
I think its based on true events, but not a true story.........but that doesn't really clear anything up now does it?;)
This has a piece on Ed Gein who was the inspiration for a few 'sick' movies. He was arrested in 1957...so I am not sure even evil_admin can remember anything about the trial.
Yeah. I know Ed Gein inspired alot of the movies, but then in one website I was on it was talking about something else other then Ed Gein. Like there was his part and then there was something else that happened.
Texas Chainsaw massacre gets it's ideas from anumber of sources. Something similar to that DID in fact haappen. And yes as GRITS said it takes a bit from the murderer Edward Gein (ie. the human skin mask he wears).
I am a fanatic on TCM. I saw the original in 74 at the drive-in when my brother took me with him and his girlfriend. He didn't
see much of the movie but I was enthralled. I was at the first showing at noon of TCM 2 with Dennis Hopper. It was good too. As GRITS said, it is NOT a true story, but based on the life of Ed Gein, a country wierdo who killed local townswomen and made a skin outfit from their hides. He also had an assortment of heads and momentos not to mention he ate parts of the victims. The 'based on a true story' part was just a scare tactic from Tobe Hooper, the director. They had people throwing up in the movie and had them very distraught. I have seen the original now about 60 times. My friends and I have TCM cookouts where we BBQ and watch the movie; one of those everyone quotes the lines thing.

This new movie was pretty good. I saw it on the super enlarged screen with 50000 watt sound. It was funny seeing all the young people who thought this was an original movie. One set of women next to me heard me talking about TCM 2 and asked "There is already a part 2 out??" I informed her that this is a remake of a 74 movie and that there are parts 1 through 4 out now. They left out Chop-top and Grandpa from the original which was disappointing. You know, "Grandpa was the best killer ever." Thank god they had R Lee Ermey in this one as the sherrif. He can be in ANYTHING and make it awesome.

Go out and rent the original and part II. The imagery and sound will spook you out pretty bad. I give the new one a 2 gallon rating on the 5 gallon scale (that's gallons of blood). It also only gets a rating of 1 in the BLB category (boobs, lesbianism & butchery). Watching Jessica B. really saved that one. She even makes the 70's look hot.

Also, go rent the DVD Ed Gein. It is REALLY good.
whoa whoa whoa.. he has his own DVD now??
Great movie. Here's the website.
Ed Gein Site
is it me or does he look like Tommy Lee Jones?
(they're actually the same person)