VadaVaka

Full Version: editing demo files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to cut a few minutes from the beggining of one of my demo files, so make it smaller, and was wondering how. If anyone can help me, it would be great, thanks a lot.
ok i cut the neccessary time out of it, but the program (video match) changed it to an avi file, which takes up more room :wacko: anyone know if it is possible to change it back to a demo file? or using video match to save it as a demo file?
That change is irreversable. Demo files are just a collection of data the engine uses to recreate what happened when it was recorded.
What you can do is use viewdemo (type it in the console) and just record what you want in the demo.
can u take a demo of a demo? it makes sense to me. i think a demo is just itself a game with bots acting the role of you and your opponent(s) while an avi is just a collection of 2-d bitmaps. i thinks i'll look into this some more.
I get a "viewdemo not available" error.

I also tried playing the demo and it said I cannont record during demo playback.
If you get that error you have DoD 3.1 (or whatever the newest version is) installed, DoD just somehow gets rid of viewdemo and the only way you can use it is by deleting it.