VadaVaka

Full Version: GRITS trip to Las Vegas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have received a couple inquires into what Beastie is really like and one suggestion to do a thread ala Beastie column, so I thought I would just share some of my trip diary with all of you.

December 30, 2003
I woke up early and met Nita at the airport for a 7am flight to Las Vegas. The flight was short…… no sooner did the plane level off the pilot came on and announced our final approach into the City of Lights. Bypassing hundreds of slot machines we made our way to luggage pick up and then outside. SNOW…there was snow on the roof of most of the cars. The weather is not as cold as Omaha but not in my plans when I packed for a city where the average yearly temperature is around 70F/21C. The driver said the last time it snowed in Vegas was 1997 and it picks my vacation time to make a surprise appearance. :(
Check-in was not for a few hours so we stored our luggage and headed for breakfast and shopping. After scoping out the area and picking out a new pair of comfortable walking shoes we checked into our room and I picked up the phone to call Beastie and let him know we had arrived. Nita and I have been affectionately calling him Beastie for days but when he answered the phone I tried my hardest to ask for Matt. Nita’s grinning at my dilemma did not help squelch the nervous butterflies that had turned into dive bombing eagles as he said hello. It is Tuesday so he was at work but said he was looking forward to the evening and had a friend who would join us for drinks and the show. More shopping for Nita and I and long minutes watching the caricature artist in the shopping area of the hotel…I have heard of bar hopping but Nita and I spent most of the day hotel hopping, there is so much more to do than just gambling in Las Vegas these days. All of the hotels are advertising their big New Year’s eve celebrations and security is already out in force. We saw the live Lions including a cub at the MGM Grand and a replica King Tut’s tomb at the Luxor. We don’t need a car there is plenty to do within walking distance.
Back at the hotel and time to get ready for an evening on the strip…the show is at the New York New York hotel which is walking distance from our hotel, the Excalibur. Nita is wearing black leather slacks and a nice iridescent purple/blue blouse. I opted for a black skirt and iridescent rose/blue blouse so we look as if we coordinated for the evening. Both in heels of course, even if they are not the best walking shoes they go better for an evening out. We are meeting Matt and his friend Snezan at the Apple (small lounge at the NYNY hotel) at 8:30.
As we approach the club I pull out my cell phone and call Matt. Sheepishly I tell Nita to look in the club and tell me who picks it up so that we know where they are sitting. As I am telling Beastie this is his last chance to bail we round the corner and he reaches to hug me instead. He is dressed upscale casual in a nice grey sweater and Snezan looks like a young Neo in his all black apparel. After the niceties of introductions and Matt’s presentation of roses for both Nita and I, we sit down and I update the Beast on what has been happening in the ricochet community since the start of his hiatus. We try to change subjects and include Nita and Snezan in the conversation (they even teasingly and hopelessly try to limit our game talk to 10 minute intervals) but it is indeed hopeless since there is so much to catch him up on. The subject does change to real life a couple times. He is really excited about starting his new job after the New Year and shared his love and ‘obsession’ for Magic cards and shooting pool. We talked almost non stop until it was time for the show. The show was an amazing production and very erotic. Only downfall would be the line to the women’s bathroom which was so long after the show that Matt and Snezan wondered if we had found a back door out. Although both guys offered to accompany Nita and I dancing the show was not over before 2:30, add the ‘bathroom’ time and it was approaching 3am when we finally said our goodbyes. Both of the guys have to work tomorrow and I have a feeling it is going to be difficult for them to get up as it is so we declined the offer and headed back to our hotel.

Ok if you want day two let me know…I found out more about Beastie and we rung in the New Year together. If this bores the hell out of you….stop reading for gods sake you masochist.:D
more more :rolleyes:
I want to hear more dirt on Beastie!!! :D
Yes much more:D

Are you sure Beastie didn't write that for you ?
Who's Nita? D: Sounds like you had a great time Grits.
Her friend ^_^
ok I am working on day two, enough people asked me so I guess it wasnt all that boring
Oh it was boreing, we just have to know these things :P
When does the DVD come out? :idea:
will there be guest commentary by carrot-top?

I hope there are close ups too ... an slow mo super jumps with back flips like in TS ...
Well the reason for the holdup is I just cant seem to find my page for that day...I know I didnt get to bed before 4:30am and part of it was written the next day but I dont know how I could have lost it. I had very little to drink...ask evil_admin I called him at 2am to wish him a Happy New Year....almost called anon and GB but evil reminded me of the time zone difference between Las Vegas and the east coast:rolleyes:....I can always try to reconstruct the evening....the fireworks were 'amazing' and so were the pyrotechnic displays at the major hotels. Beastie took Nita and I to a club where he shoots pool and everyone seemed to know him there...yeah guess that was probably planned to impress....it did, seems he wins tournaments there...I cant remember what Nita wore, I wore all black I think...and only kissed one guy...I believe...ok maybe I will look for the page a little more...I am giving the wrong impression here:blsh:
GRITS,Jan 12 2004, 12:49 PM Wrote:I had very little to drink...
From what I remember Grits, it doesnt take much. Remember that wine tasting?

I didn't think so....i'll leave it at that.
Quote:almost called anon
I would have been up. :thumb:

GRITS,Jan 12 2004, 07:49 PM Wrote:Well the reason for the holdup is I just cant seem to find my page for that day...I know I didnt get to bed before 4:30am and part of it was written the next day but I dont know how I could have lost it. I had very little to drink...ask evil_admin I called him at 2am to wish him a Happy New Year....almost called anon and GB but evil reminded me of the time zone difference between Las Vegas and the east coast:rolleyes:....I can always try to reconstruct the evening....the fireworks were 'amazing' and so were the pyrotechnic displays at the major hotels. Beastie took Nita and I to a club where he shoots pool and everyone seemed to know him there...yeah guess that was probably planned to impress....it did, seems he wins tournaments there...I cant remember what Nita wore, I wore all black I think...and only kissed one guy...I believe...ok maybe I will look for the page a little more...I am giving the wrong impression here:blsh:
I'm so upset you never thought to call me, who would have been awake due to it being morning my time!
actually I did netniV but my cell was on roam already costing me a bundle, over the ocean I would have had to drop one of the servers to pay for it
Happy New Year:D

omg sage_4 you telling family secrets...I forgot you were there:blsh:
that was quite an interesting night on the hldm server. very interesting indeed.
Sounds like you had a good time. (Stating the obvious once again)