VadaVaka

Full Version: Bios help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to disable my onboard vid chipset on a pre-built Hp Pavilon :(. Yeah I know
Seems its stealing 16mb of ram off me. THIEF!!!

I tried F1, F10, Del, Esc.

I tried the roll the hand across the keyboard technique... ^_^

All of these resulted with the pc not loading and I have to manually shutdown.

Mobo is asus A7V-ML.

Any help before I start thinking about creating a foot-stool again:P
RushJet1's guide to helping this problem.

1. If your computer's bios doesn't wanna load, try clearing it. Usually there is some jumper on the motherboard that will do this.

2. Take out the new videocard you have and use the integrated graphics. NOW try getting into the bios.

3. Flash the bios and upgrade it. Sometimes they just have to be upgraded.

4. Take your computer and throw it out of a window. It is worthless and my AMD K6-2 500 could do a better job.

It would be useful if you could supply your PC's Make/Model/Serial No. That way I can track down things a little easier since a motherboard can have different BIOS's depending on the manufacturer of the PC. Being that you've already stated this was a HP machine I wouldn't be surprised there.
RushJet1,Feb 23 2004, 12:42 AM Wrote:4. Take your computer and throw it out of a window. It is worthless and my AMD K6-2 500 could do a better job.
Oh believe me, when it comes to this I think I will come up with a more creative solution :D... The ideas are coming to me right now. Just think what a few quarter sticks will do. The window? OH! Or I could stick a few quarter sticks in it and throw it off the roof. But safety first. Wear safety glasses.

Ok so this might be a possible solution later, but for now...
HP Pavilion 7935 desktop PC
Pc Specs

Hmm. That site says I have a Trigem SantaFe-L mobo but Aida tells me I have the asus A7V-ML. I guess Aida was wrong.

Actually, what it says on the hp site is that you could have either.... need to be more sure. They use a slightly different chipset.
Well since I dont have an agp slot I have the L series.

The answer is, F1...

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtm...07918&cat=setup

You might have already tried it, but that's what it reckons.
Thanks alot for the research net. I really appreciate it. I think after shutting the pc down with power button 10 times you get that setup screen. So I guess thats what happened. LOL but thx again. :thumb: