VadaVaka

Full Version: concert stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know a large number of you are regular concert goers and would have some stories about them. So I guess i'll get the ball rolling.

I went to a friends concert last night (turned out multiple friends i knew ppl in 3 outa the 4 bands). I was in the circle pit with my friend, pushing and shoving and what not, like we were most of the night. For those who dont know, a circle pit is a when you are standing, you will get guys who start pushing each other, or jumping against each other, and that clears people who dont really want to be pushed out of the way, and you get a small group of guys pushing each other and bouncing off each other. This is all normal, and their are certain unspoken rules that concert goers obey in the circle pits and mosh pits. The biggest is when someone falls, you have to pick them up, this is a must. People get trampled if you dont pick them up. A bunch of people fell and I always helped them up, and when I fell, they helped me up. What eventually happened was that when people would get thrown to the outside of the circle and would bump into other people. I guess some of the guys took it personal, and they went after a few people in the circle pit. Luckily it wasnt me, even though i had no control over where i was going. I think i did bump into one of the guys, who took it personal, and he would have pushed me back in and I didnt think anything of it. They eventually went after one guy and grabed him, and pushed him up against the stage. At that point the lead singer of the band went over to the dummer, and stopped him and the rest of the guys stopped. He tried to calm them down and didnt have any luck. At that point the security guys rushed in and tried to break things up. Luckily they were pretty big, and good at what they do, or their would have been serious hell breaking lose. I know one of the security guys got hit, becasue I head him say "who the **** hit me" and by say i mean yell. I havent been in many circle pits, but i have been in a few and no matter what it looks like you always felt a sense of friendship, but in this one you could feel animosity.

Anyway, lets hear some of your stories. :thumb:
I LOVE THOSE ! ! ! ! IM USUALLY THE ONE WHOS STARTS THE ! ! ! The best one i was in was Lollapalozza. This year when they were playing there was one song where i accidentaly hit this guy in the face and his nose just exploded. Then after that u could start hearing the crowd start chanting "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT ! ! ! !..." He didn't take it personal and he said it wasnt my fault. After that i started a Mosh Pit which turned into a Blood Brawl so security came and broke it up after there was blood anywhere. I escaped with only a fat lip and a sprained ankle...it was something to remember though.
one time i was at a concert at a real small venue. the bassist for the opening band (can't rem,ember who it was) was playin real hard, then suddenly he was missing a string and covered in blood. It happened so fast that no one saw it actually hit him. Of course, it didn't even phase him, but his solo sounded a little off.
how many do you want???????

1. saw the lost prophets for free without even doing anything illegal, pit was too crowded for anything really good so i started my own personal circle pit by throwing everyone else outta the way, ended up having to share it after a guy two foot taller than me objected somewhat, nd the two of us caused carnage.
No injuries for me personally, in fact I was pretty disappointed in that gig.

2. american hifi, smallish place with small upright metal pillars all over the place, got put off crowd surfing there after watching a guy go balls first into the pillar at quite a surprising speed. said guy departed soon after.

3. Mr Zippy/Caffeine. In a completely different kind of story, this was a gig which we didnt mean to go to, but couldnt get tickets for somewhere else. Bizzarely enough one of the bands were handing out free jacobs cream crackers and sanex....... i know that sponsorship normally sucks but this was so frickin funny.....
Good gig tho, if you like punk i would recommend mr zippy to you nd if ur a ska/punk fan i would STRONGLY reccomend caffeine. Theyre small but they got talent.
The best time to start a circle pit in at a school dance. Funny seeing the principle try to break it up. We have a thing here called Bearfest. Alot of Metal cover bands play and stuff. Outlawed car contests and a bunch of other stuff. There is always the circle pit, and I'm normally one of the first to start it.
Ya definately at school dances...something else funny at school dances is when everyone is grinding the teachers are trying to stop it. :lol:
Hmm they haven't tried to stop that yet.
Dont they start them?
my concert stories are a lot different than ya'lls..not sure if they are worth telling because they were probably before some of you were born....anyone remember the 80s? Bryan Adams was great met him first time when Guns and Roses opened for him...that was a strange concert, Sat at the board for one of the Motley Crue concerts, gave David Lee Roth's band a ride back to their hotel in my car after a concert....well actually the bass player drove. Backstage with Bon Jovi when they were still a band not just a guy. Let me think of a band you guys might actually have heard of....hmmm took the whole Slaughter band shopping at the mall, they took me to dinner few times.....ok wait let me think of one that you might like....Saw Kiss about 8 times on the same tour and went backstage at least 6 times met them at the plane one time...and have the best stories to tell about Gene and Paul...two men with no taste in women.;)
Does it mean I'm old that I have heard all those people, have tapes from all those people and have wanted to meet every one of them.

No concert tales from me, never been to one. Could never afford to go and most of the good ones never came to Halifax.

Also GRITS, they must have some sort of good taste in women, after all you are there:)
What about Kansas? I thought at one point you talked about knowing someone from them.
yeah how did you remember that. Actually it was when they went back on the road not in the 70s the drummer Phil Ehart called the house one time because his phone bill had my number on it and he thought his girlfriend was calling some guy. She had my number he didnt...well the story goes bad from there because I was trying to set her up with another guy....but that is a different story he was a bass player in another hair band.
One of the guys from Cinderella called and said he had 'this band' that was going to be playing in town and wanted to know if me and my friends wanted to come hear them play. He said it like they were a garage band...it was cute.
GRITS could go on and on about how many rock stars she knows. Who knew they would like a refinded woman? :wacko:
You say it like its a bad thing.
ROFL

Inside joke, only smartass will get it... LMAO
LOL, i would to.