VadaVaka

Full Version: kids.got to love them cus you shouldnt kill them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Way Children See Things!

NUDITY

I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when a Woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back seat, "Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt!

HONESTY

My son Zachary, 4, came screaming out of the bathroom to tell me he'd dropped his toothbrush in the toilet. So I fished it out and threw it in the garbage. Zachary stood there thinking for a moment, then ran to my bathroom and came out with my toothbrush. He held it up and said with a charming little smile, "We better throw this one out too then, 'cause it fell in the toilet a few days ago.

OPINIONS

On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a Note from his mother. The note read, "The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily those of his parents."

KETCHUP

A woman was trying hard to get the ketchup to come out of the jar. During her struggle the phone rang so she asked her 4-year-old daughter to answer the phone. "It's the minister, Mommy," the child said to her mother. Then she added, "Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now. She's hitting the bottle."

MORE NUDITY

A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with ladies grabbing towels and running for cover. The little boy watched in amazement and then asked, "What's the matter haven't you ever seen a little boy before?"

ELDERLY

While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds. The various appliances of old age, particularly the canes, walkers and wheelchairs, unfailingly intrigued her. One day I found her staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and whispered, "The tooth fairy will never believe this!"

DRESS-UP

A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, "Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit." "And why not, darling?" "You know that it always gives you a headache the next morning."

DEATH

While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his Father always said: "Glory be unto the Faaaather, and unto the Sonnn ... and into the hole he gooooes."

SCHOOL

A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write and they won't let me talk!"

BIBLE

A little boy opened the big family bible. He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages. "Mama, look what I found", the boy called out." What have you got there, dear?" With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, "I think it's Adam's underwear

Work Like You Don't Need Money
Dance As If No One Is Watching
Love Like You've Never Been Hurt
Happiness Is A Journey, Not A Destination
i like the last part.

I like this first one it is true kids are so pure hearted they see right past the naked lady o don't identify the bad.
Kids are so special. We should be more like them as we grow up. Perhaps if we spent more
time with them, then this might rub off on us.
It's deffinatley got to have something to do with their inocence.
Honestly the only kids I've been around (aside from when I was in elementary school of course) are the siblings of like two friends, and then the random kids that you encounter every day. That being said, I generally don't like kids because they really annoy the hell out of me... generally, though, those are the bratty whiny kids that have parents that don't dish out the right discipline. Probably if I had a younger sibling (I'm the youngest of two) or cousins that I knew, I'd probably tolerate more and like them more. That was pretty funny though.
indeed, children are interesting enigmas...though (some believe) they are not to be mistaken for 'innocent.'

for more information, go here and observe. disclaimer: you may be offended, but though i do not necessarily endorse this philosophy, i don't deny it, either.

the movie reviews (on the same site) are also quite helpful to shelter your children from every-day american pop culture.
Children walk all over their parents these days, heck...some are even sueing their parents. Why? Well.....society has alot to do with it. With increasing single parent homes....there isn't the other person there to help with the discipline. TV doesn't help these days either. People aren't spanking anymore cuz they are afraid someone will report them to DHS for cruelty. I bet if you ask your parents, they will tell you they remember the 'switch' they used to get switched with and how they stayed out of trouble to avoid it. I personally remember 'the belt' my mom used to whip me with when i slipped up (getting caught smoking was the worst). There HAS to be consequences to not doing what you are suppose to. Today's shrinks tell you "you shouldn't spank...it will traumatize the child...you need to put them in timeout" BAH!! That's exactly what the child wants! Surely there is child abuse today and people have killed children out of rage....but I bet there is not ONE case of anyone killing a child from a spanking...not that the child didn't wish he/she would die from the emberassment.

Kids are awesome...but don't let them walk all over you parents. It won't get any better. I appreciate my parents discipline now. It kept me out of alot of trouble.
i disagree; hitting a child will only force resentment. i believe that children are much more intelligent than people (in general) give them credit for, and if they aren't, then they learn quickly regardless. a child from an abusive home (not saying that all forms of physical punishment qualifies as abuse) is encouraged to grow up to be abusive. One who has reason cast upon them will learn to use reason with their children, and even oter people. By my parents feeling the need to hit me, they taught me that there are two ways to deal with life: violence, and passivity. Because I know how it feels, I promote passivity. But do not be swayed by my opinion; rather make sure you can justify why you are correct instead (or also, if you agree with me).
I gotta disagree PIX. I know lots of people still have an old fashioned view that hitting, particularly spanking and using a switch, is a simple negative reinforcer (i.e. do this, they won't do that again). It's not just a simple trauma like getting beat will affect someone for the rest of their life... it's that physical abuse at a young enough age will cross some wires, and enough abuse can have lasting effects. I'm expecting responses similar to what I get when I've said drugs at certain ages cause problems later on... people will say "not for me!" or something like that... so my disclaimer is I'm not saying that one spanking is gonna destroy someone's life, it probably won't do much at all... but the more the abuse exists (the hell is the difference between a switch and spanking from any other abuse, aside from being milder?), the more likelihood of future problems. Also, if you beat someone into submission, you may have yourself a wuss that will do anything the parent wants, but they'll be a wuss for other situations, and won't stand up for themselves... wonderful thing to teach.

Next, realize that if you raise someone correctly from the start, then discipline shouldn't require such harsh measures. Obviously kids are gonna do things even if they are raised well... such as smoking or something... although at the age where someone would start smoking, I'd say taking away phone/internet priveleges, grounding, and even forcing something like community service would be pretty good. Otherwise, if you wanna smoke, you're gonna smoke. I think one needs to shift their parenting too... you cannot continue some kind of authoritarian style throughout adolescence too, it pisses us off. And it does NOTHING... trust me, I know, I'm still within that age range of adolescence, as are all of my friends. Physical, vocal, mental abuse are all useless... the best is authoritative, where you don't command and yell, you talk it out... the reason is because adolescents are starting to become equals in terms of state of mind, we can think for ourselves.

Any form of physical abuse is absolutely unnecessary and potentially harmful if done too much. There are better negative reinforcers out there. And in fact, use positive reinforcers instead... how about rewarding when good instead of going insanely mad when someting bad happens? I know parents (not mine) who ignore it when their kids do something good, or at least are not enthusiastic about it, and instead try to concentrate on the bad (finding negatives even in the good). That's what we call bullshit and ineffective.
It's fairly simple. Children respect constant behavior. Why do you think grandparents are revered. They are at an age that they are not trying to impress anyone, so they act consistant in their behavior. If you are consistant with your children, then they know what to expect and what your values are. If you are back and forth in you discipline whatever it may be or have insecurities about them, then the children will pick up on that and begin to test the boundries. We are the same today, which boss do you like, one the is consistant in his/her behavoir even if its bad, then you know what to expect. Its when you do the same thing on two seperate days and you get different reactions that make it frustrating.
oh you youth!! I don't resent my parents. They didn't resent THEIR parents either...they even joke about 'the switch' now. Ask your
parents...I bet they never resented it either. Take some personal responsibility and stop blaming everyone else for the
problems of society. When parents STOP disciplining children (as they have today...look at kids NOW), then parents STOP truly caring
for their children.
note to self *no more funny kid stuff* My dad loved to beat me with a belt, now I have a problem spanking my boy, I have done it a total of 2 times in 11 years. I didnt turn in to an abuser from my abuse but I wish I had more control over my son. I think if you lash out in anger at your children it will be passed on to your kids but spankings are a good thing at the right times. you dont spank to hurt, you spank to teach.
I absoulutely loath to spank...but I have to do it. But you do it...and then you hug them and explain WHY you did this.
PIX,Apr 21 2004, 08:11 AM Wrote:We should be more like them as we grow up.
please, just. .go and visit an old folks home! there's not a stable-minded, potty trained person in sight. . excluding staff. hehe
Well....you see how it comes full circle then!!:thumb:

I wish we could take a lesson from the Japaneese and how they treat their parents as they grow old. They don't push them into a facility and push them out of their minds. They bring them back into THEIR home and let them live with them and take care of them as the parents once did for them. Such an awesome lesson in love and thankfulness.
well, i don't know about some people, but the second i get the money, i'm forcing my parents into a home, one where they sink into vegetative harmonies with the tv. at least then, everyone will be happy.
Quote:you dont spank to hurt, you spank to teach.
I agree with frito. Discipline is for education not punishment. You have to trust yourselves as parents and then, you will become a good parent.