VadaVaka

Full Version: Avatar sizes, please keep them small
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some peoples avatars are starting to creep up in size which can cause long load times for modem users.

So I am asking nicely if you guys and girls can keep the avatar sizes to under 50k. Some of them are rather large at over 200k.

Thank you
You've all had enough warning to change your avatars that are over 50k, if any are found they will be removed.

Please only replace them with ones under 50k or else they will have to be removed again.
Also please don't put large images in your sigs either. And by large I mean width and length wise or size wise.
what is your definition of too large .. one that requires a side scroll bar?
yes, one that makes people scroll off to the right just to read text.
Remote avatar access has been removed. Basically this means that you will no longer be able to host a large avatar on a website somewhere and use it on our forums.

There is now only the ability to upload avatars. The avatar can only be gif, jpeg or jpg file types and can only be a MAX of 50k in size. This limit has always been in effect, but I figured that having one that was a little bigger wouldn't hurt.

But people are now using ones that are much bigger in size. They slow down modem users, they also cause problems when scrolling through a page. It can also cause other problems but those are the 2 main ones.

Sorry for this, but it has to be done.
Heh that's ironic I just PM'ed Gwar 1 minure ago about that. I recently took off my avatar and just found another one I liked.