VadaVaka

Full Version: Ricochet Bots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is someone on the steam forums looking for bots for Ricochet....We can't seem to convince him that they never work right so I told him I would ask around. DL said there is a server with bots but I can't find it so I am thinking it is either not dedicated or is gone all together. I gave him Botman's link and told him he could make his own, but it wasn't as easy as it sounds.....Do any of you know a place where he can "pick up" some bots for Ricochet? he says even if they do walk off the edge all the time and only hit you by pure luck he would still like to try them out.
thanks
I had a bot addon before. It was awhile ago, I think it was akimbot. Someone apparently did a good job way pointing them because they didn't fall off the pads and I believe they were able to go on the top pads.

Yes, I found the page again, it was akimbot. http://akimbot.nuclearbox.com/
Unless they changed in the past year since I used them they worked for crap. Back in the day when I was trying to get people to play some other maps I ran a listen server with them. In arena or DM they would just go in circles and fall. If they were lucky enough to hit an arrow they would try to follow you while in mid-air which would make them fall also. I found that they worked best on Piques 2 maps Stalkyard and Crossfire. Also Chipsunf was a map they were good on since it is almost impossible to fall.

I tried making better waypoints but had little sucess in it. I'm all ears though if someone wants to give it another go.

Again unless they have updated themI don't know what you were using Miagi where they didn't fall.
Me, miagi, and DragonLady tried them out yesterday. Its some crazy stuff.
*Cough* they owned wanksta *cough*
Any idea how to get rid of the grenade arm?
I don't know if there is something permanent, but there was a client side command to get rid of it. I forget it off hand but I will look.

Edit: Found it. r_drawviewmodel 0 This takes away the weapon model.
Cool thx. I took the bot off though. It's annoying that it keeps trying to cakewalk and it wont follow the waypoints exactly.

Hello...i am registered since a few days and had much fun reading the very interesting posts in this forum.
Grits..u helped me so friendly with making the female models work on our little server...now, i hope i can do something for you.
I found a bot and tested it on rc_deathmatch..it works fine.
Bots dont fall from the edges and they use the 1st and the 2nd floor perfectely.
And if you add 6 or 8 bots...it would be hard for newbie or not well trained player to shoot them.
They react very fast and use both kinds of discs.
You can tell them what skill they should have etc.....even the possibility to create own waypoints for your maps...manuals are included.
The bot is called Ricobot.
Here is the download link:

------> Ricobot download <------

Please post your opinions to on this bot.
I have seen, that there are very good programmers in this forum...maybe they can improve the bot, if something is wrong with it.
The sourcecode is also included in the download..or on the page.

My first post...i am getting sentimental :-))
I am not very good in writing/talking english...it was a few years ago, that i learned it in school (i am 28 years old)...please dont laugh about my language :-)
Sweeeeet. :P

It does look very similar to akimbot, but the bots dont try to cakewalk and they are nice. At first I just saw them using push disc, but then I got decapped :mellow:...

As far as the manual. It was just a readme.txt that tells you how to configure the bot.cfg. Doesn't tell you how to add the bots to a dedicated server with metamod, but I kind of figured that out myself from installing akimbot:P.

Very very cool:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Sounds good. Where can i play with those bots? Can I create a steam dedicated server and add them?
The bots work on arena also, except it tries to get to the arrow on the other side of the barrier once in a while <_<

They owned me :mellow:

They are working nearly perfect !!
I tested them for hours and i like this bots...:thumb:

Ricobot rocks :-)
Maybe I am too stupid, but I dont get this Bot started :huh:
I downloaded the file. Installed it in my Sierra-Folder. And now? If I start a server I find no possibility to "add" a bot to the game...
So could anybody explan it in a very, very easy way, please?

Thanx a lot Bob
plain and simple: You're doing it wrong.

:Pah I dunno anything about it!
Look for a bot.cfg file in your sierra\half-life\ricochet folder...open it up and make sure it has addbot commands at teh bottom. If it doesn't exist in your ricochet directory it may be in your ricobot directory below...move it into your ricochet directory and then restart.

Good luck
:offtopic:
WB
Well, i found no bot.cfg ! I found a bot.dll, a bot.cpp, bot.dsp bot_client.cpp bot.def bot.h and a bot_h.func

And I found a config.cfg ...

Where to install the ricobot? I installed into C:...\Sirra\Counter-Strike\Ricochet is this correct?

cu & thx for the help Bob
Install to C:\Sierra\Counter-strike. The install copies the bot in your ricochet folder.

So, when you open C:\Sierra\Counter-strike\ricochet you should see bot_whine.txt and bot_names.txt.
I also didn't get a bot.cfg but I got one somewhere. Here's mine. Just put this in the ricochet directory. Everything in the config is pretty self explanatory.
lol tried it on steam:ph34r:
@Miagi
Thanx a lot! Even a n00b like me got it started with your perfect explination:)! One problem left: The command botdontshoot! I dont get it working! I tried different versions, but never worked:
#botdontshoot 0
#botdontshoot <0>
#botdontshoot0
#botdontshoot<0>

What´s right?

cu Bob

PS:@Olbest: NOW I know where you get your tactic from;)
I do not believe the ricobots have the option of not shooting. The bot.cfg you got was probably from botman's bots. I have been looking through the source code for ricobots and there is just minimal stuff there. I am trying to add to the code so the bots can use different models.
Bob, everything with # in front of it is a comment and isn't read.

Try placing this anywhere in the bot.cfg:
botdontshoot 1

Found in the readme.txt of ricobot.