VadaVaka

Full Version: AWW the 80s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok this list is mostly girl oriented but with all the birthday's lately I thought I would post it to get a couple giggles out of the 'older' gang on the forums....

YOU KNOW YOU GREW UP IN THE 80's or early 90's IF.....

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE ".

2. You watched the Pound Puppies.

3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air "...and can do the"Carlton".

4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.

5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.

6. You owned those li'l 'Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. ( you learned to associate the chemical smell and think real strawberries smelled fake)

7. You know that "WHOA" comes from Joey on Blossom (and thought all cute guys were suppose to be dumb)

8. Two words: Hammer Pants

9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock".

10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and "spokey-dokes"
or
playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.

11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)

12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.

14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen... and still know the turtles' names.

15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.

17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)

18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.

19. L.A. Gear....need I say more

20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. (She's Truly outrageous.)

21. You remember reading "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and all the Ramona books.

22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"

23. You wanted to be a Goonie.

24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (Some of us...head-to-toe)

25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.

26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

27. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.

28. You remember the CRAZE, and then the BANNING of slap bracelets.

29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.

30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.

31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.

32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up. (they did didnt they?)

33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.

34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too)

35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are,but what am I?"

36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up" (this first time around)

37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (use to call them "roller skates")

38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.

39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.

40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.

41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

42. You remember Popples.

43. "Don't worry, be happy"

44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.

45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do...getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family)

46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK"

47. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.

48. You remember watching both "Gremlins " movies.

49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"

50. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales"

51. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.

52. You remember Alf, the li'l furry brown alien from Melmac.

53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".

54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell ", the ORIGINAL class.

55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.

56. You just sang those words to yourself. :P

57. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.

58. Homemade Levi shorts. (The shorter the better) Daisy Dukes

59. You remember when mullets were cool!

60. You had a mullet! (pointing finger at one particular player)

61. You still sing "We are the World"

62. You tight rolled your jeans.

63. You owned a banana clip

64. You remember "Where's the Beef?"

65. You used to and probably still do say "What you talkin' about Willis?" (pointing harder at same player)

66. You had big hair and you knew how to use it. and cushball bangs

67. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!!!

68. You thought you were hot with a bandana tied around your leg or neck....(yeah pointing again) :D
AHHHHHHH i know all of those tv shows you posted..i was born in 85 and i watched them all growing up

my god grits..you brought back so many memories for me :lol:
Ahhhh all the memories, girls in short shorts, girls in short miniskirts, girls in tight pants, girls with the big hair and guys taking rulers and measuring it to see how tall they had it just to get close to them. hehehe.

btw I still think I have Oregon Trail around here somewhere and Alf is still on TV, least up here.

LOL who ever made this gave me a good laugh...

Quote:32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up. (they did didnt they?)

Duh, they never hooked up with each other cause they were bother and sister!.... They met each other in the movie though. Errr um, not that I went to see it in theaters or anything like that. <_< >_>

hehe great memories
ah the good old days :thumb:
I think I managed to dodge GRITS' crazed finger. I would have seen ninja turtles on the big screen but I thought it would have been too scary :(

Edit: My little brother knows the theme to freash prince and knows the carlton. That makes me really old then.
hammer pants?
i thought they were parachut pants...
I'm only fourteen and i know and can do the carlton
Ahh man that's sad relinquish
Well... I think a lot of those would qualify for the 90s... like SS I was born in 85 and I remember lots of those... and Fresh Prince started in 1990... so yeah, I know the theme (still watch the show, still know the words, still know the Carlton). Most of the non tv stuff I remember in elementary... the slap bracelets and skip it (not that I used them, but all the damn girls went insane over them). Then there are several that are most definitely 80's. Family Matters started late 80's, but really was a 90's show (at least to me).
*ahem* you forgot the movies The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles.. i love them both...and what do you know...the breakfast club just went off and sixteen candles is coming on ^_^
uummm..... someone forgot "married with children"!!!!
how could anyone miss that?!?!?!
it was the best back then!!!
omg i still watch that today...my mom and dad love that show still.....and i watch saved by the bell to :>
a lot of the stuff you mentioned was from the early 90's, not that the early 90's was any better than the 80's.

personally i see the 80's as a cultural black pit, aside from a few saving graces.
What about The A-Team, or the Nintendo Entertainment System (the one that wasn't super)?

Fragle Rock.. I hear it was great, I know I enjoyed watching, though I remember little of it.
NES was beta quality when it was released. You got dance club lighting in a hockey game it was so bad. Plus each person had their own ritual to get rid of that stuff, but yeah it was great.
any kid from today's generation that has watched "Donnie Darko" has no need to ponder why there was only one smurfette.
and frankly, niether do i. ^_^
anyone remember gumby and pokey?
that was the best clay-mation ever!!! lol
let's see.... I got 46 and 9 with 13 not counting

for 19, I never had la gear, I had voit :(
30 all the way. I had a hypercolor t-shirt! :bfg:
for 31, I awlays liked the teenage mutant ninja turtle tour!
what the hell is 42? popples? pop rocks?
51 yea, and samantha micelli is still hot all grown up!
54, season 1 out on dvd! (i didn't buy it, I just sell it)
57 I remember jordan vs. bird
uh, gumby and pokey (despite their acknowledged awesomeness) i think was long before my time, as well as most people's here. The series started in 1962, which is quite a while ago.
But still, that, if nothing else, shows the eternal lessons that we, and our parents, and our future children will learn from deranged shaped buddhists that hang out at the Zen Cafe. Kudos, to the subtle introduction of eastern religion into mainstream american culture. And look! Look at the impact it has made!

for more info on Gumby and friends, try here, and peace be with us all. ;)
what?? gumby is that old?
omg... hhmmm.... i thought he was made about 20 years after that!!
donnie darko, most possibly one of the most hilarious, thought provoking movies ever
Relinquish,Jun 9 2004, 03:05 PM Wrote:donnie darko, most possibly one of the most hilarious, thought provoking movies ever
hear hear!!!
I remember having one of those snap braclets to, but then i was an odd kid.
OMG almost ALL of those.

aaaaaand....

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, Select, Start!!

and the easy way to beat those egg shooters in M2 is to stand on their head and keep hitting the pickup button!

If you keep crouching on the platform in one of the beginning levels of M3 you fall behind the scenery!

SWINGS!!!

JUMPING OFF OF SWINGS!!!

PEOPLE BREAKING ARMS AFTER JUMPING OFF OF SWINGS!!!

Seeing the light of day and never throwing a disc unless it was plastic!!!

The only gun you fired made a strange rattling sound as something funky spun inside!!!

CAP GUNS!!!!

Goosebumps!!!

LEGOS!!!

Riding bikes a foot too tall for you!!

Stickball!!

Getting hit in the eye when your dad hits the baseball you just pitched!!!

Clubhouses!!!

IMAGINATION GAMES!!!!!!!

CONVERSE!!! BEFORE THEY BECAME PUNK FASHION!!!

And MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!
anywho. . to bring this post back on topic if I may. . .Donnie Darko was an amazing movie, and ya know. . he's right about the smurfs.
lol heck I should I was born 1980:):P:ghost:
SoulEvan,Jun 9 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:CONVERSE!!! BEFORE THEY BECAME PUNK FASHION!!!
waitwaitwait, again, converse has been around for a LONG time, even before the likes of Gumby. They are by no means exclusive to our generation, and before punk? Didn't you see SLC Punk? Set in 1984. They ALL wear converse.

Anyway, converse came around in 1908, and first developed the shoe most recognizable today in 1917, which was selected by Charles H. Taylor, a famous b-ball player at the time, to be his shoe of choice. They were the shoes your parents and grandparents wore, and become extremely popular when they were affordable by most consumers in the 1950s and 60s.

So you see, Chuck Taylors have been around for quite a while, even before punk, or even rock 'n ' roll was considered. Take THAT Johnny Rotten.
what I meant were the 80's/90's were the final years before pretty much nobody but the punk fascists wore them.

yes I saw that movie. But I wore converse and I was neither a trouble maker nor a music lover(shudder)
mm yes. . I also wore shoes in the 80's .. I don't remember what kind though. . .being young all I really saw was clothing and shoes. . .hell who needs clothing when you're young anyways. .what. . no one else here was a little nudist as a youngin?? come on i know you're out there. .let me see some hands.
SoulEvan,Jun 10 2004, 03:53 PM Wrote:what I meant were the 80's/90's were the final years before pretty much nobody but the punk fascists wore them.

yes I saw that movie. But I wore converse and I was neither a trouble maker nor a music lover(shudder)
umm.... they still make decent b-ball shoes
Pages: 1 2