VadaVaka

Full Version: That's it....I'm moving!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night at midnight, I was awoke to loud gun fire from outside. The Hispanic neighbors nextdoor were getting their house
sprayed with bullets by gang members. They were shooting them from the front yard....the street...and next to my house by
my daughter's window. One of the NINE people who live in the 3 bedroom house was shot and carried off. The whole street was roped
off and bullet casing markers covered the entire street. I have had NO sleep all night and don't know what to do. News crews been
around my house all day looking for people to interview. I said HECK YEAH...and went out and will be on news tonight!! LOL.

The lesson is....it doesn't matter WHERE you live....urban violence will find you. I thank God that He protected my house last night with all
the bullets flying. Not one hit my house. I pray for God to smack these gang bangers around and set em straight.

Great life lesson here that I saw unfolding. How, I am suppose to love my enemies and those that do us harm. Do you know how hard is was
not to go next door and whip some tail? Violence breeds violence is what I've always heard....I can see where breaking that chain
is the key to peace.
Are you at home? Where are you going to move? Everyone ok?

Gangs are a serious problem. PIX if they have guns, dont bug them. They're very dangerous people who have no sense of ethics at all. They will hurt the people close to you to hurt you if you every cross them. I'm glad you stayed low and hoped for the best.

Was it a drive by or did the shooting last quite long? The sad thing is they're probably kids and they're gonna get slapped on the wrist. Its also another argument for stricter gun control. I'm quite upset about how these kids got their hands on these weapons. What were they using?

I know up here its mostly stabbings. It's still not as good as it should be, not nearly.
Yeah...we are still at home. Kids are sleeping in parent's room now till we move.

It was all over the news last night. I spoke with 3 rather large military type men last
night who were lurking around my house. They are in the Metro Gang Unit and they said
that they used AK-47's, 9mm pistols and shotguns. Keep in mind...this is TEN feet from my kids rooms and my house.

They said the young boys in the house are lying and they they KNOW the who/what/when/where about the
whole situation but aren't talking. The Latino boys next door said on the news...."We do not know why anyone would shoot
at us or try to hurt us" LIES!!!! They moved 5 months ago from another part of town because THAT HOUSE GOT
SHOT UP TOO!!! Deputies said the gang is called CAL (Crazy Ass Latinos). Well....they can have the C.A.N. (crazy ass
neighborhood)....we are moving to another county. Anyone want to buy a crazy ass house??
go see the 'documentary' put out last year by michael moore called "Bowling for Columbine." the driving question behind it was 'why do americans kill each other with guns more than any other freeworld country on earth?' it's pretty bias, and moore has his own political agenda to fulfil, i think, but it also uses a lot of facts that are wildly ignored by a lot of people.

oh, and by the way: what difference does it make that your neighbors were hispanic/latino?
Pix, I'd say move to where I live but I don't know if you'd like it up here. There are alot of gunshots where I live mainly because there's a police shooting range near my house. Violence up here isn't bad at all. Small town, great school, great teachers at the school. There's about 3,000 people in the town alone. So if you want a nice community move here.
I say Hispanic because it is a proven fact that my neighbors are Hispanic.

The county law enforcement says that Hispanic youths now outnumber African American youths in gangs now here in my city also.
If they were black or white folks, it would have been confusing to have said the 'white family or black family' next door
because my street is completely white and black minus one house. I guess I was assuming too much and filling in too
many blanks since you don't live there and know the statistics of my neighborhood. My bad. Bullets are bullets and it
makes no difference. You just don't usually see the middleclass white and black families on my street getting thier houses
sprayed with bullets. It seems to be only the overcrowded, rental property on the street and it is occupied by Hispanics.
The Metro Gang Unit said they will most certainly move again and the next house will be shot up as well. It is an unending
cycle for gangs and those affiliated with them.

If someone gave me a $1000 dollar check and said you can have this if you watch a Michael Moore movie....I would not take the money or the movie.
I'm not saying anything bad about him....just how I feel about his fictional documentaries.
True on Moore.

Well...I'm movin to the country. It will be a big difference...but less urban crime like the one that happened.
Sure...some redneck might shoot a gun in the air on the 4th of July and it comes down and kills me....but I
like those odds better...lol.
Country is where its at man. I love living on the outskirts out town and being able to go to my farm in 15mins. Its so much more peaceful and relaxed. Definetly get out of that neighborhood...if not complete area. Doubt you will get high speed internet out there though ;)
I just find it disturbing that they were able to get AK's, shotguns and 9mm's. Are civilians allowed to have AK-47's? If you ask me they shouldnt be allowed to have anything. Stray bullets hit a lot of people in criminal/gang activity. Knife fights are what we mostly get up here, and its always gang on gang, so at least your not hitting innocent people, even though these are people, they just made some bad choices. I wont go on and on about it, cuz you all know my feelings on the subject. Just glad everyone is ok.
Well my family is a little gun crazy, we could set up on a hill and snipe a whole city out...we have soo many guns. My uncle actually does have an Egyptian AK-47. I think the only restrictions they have in the US, is that you can't have a full auto weapon. But I'm not too sure..YEh glad everyone is safe and start packing up.
Civilians are allowed to have AK's...but only modified versions....not the ones you see on TV.
The laws have been made that all touch on 'technicalities'. Most of the banned weapons
are based on how 'scary or frightful' they look. It's true.

MOVIN TO THE COUNTRY...GONNA EAT ALOT OF PEACHES.......

Below is the actual laws and rules for firearms in the US for those living outside America.

Anon....illegal weapons are smuggled into this country EVERY day as well as drugs. Our borders are just too big. These gang members are criminals. They will get weapons
however they can.

Quote:Under federal law , the use of a firearm in a violent or drug-trafficking crime is punishable by a mandatory prison sentence of up to 20 years. A second conviction, if the firearm is a machine gun or is equipped with a silencer, brings life imprisonment without release. Violating firearms laws should lead to very real punishment for violent criminals, but the laws first must be enforced.

Ineligible Persons

The following classes of people are ineligible to possess, receive, ship, or transport firearms or ammunition:

Those convicted of crimes punishable by imprisonment for over one year, except state misdemeanors punishable by two years or less.
Fugitives from justice.
Unlawful users of certain depressant, narcotic, or stimulant drugs.
Those adjudicated as mental defectives or incompetents or those committed to any mental institution.
Illegal aliens.
Citizens who have renounced their citizenship.
Those persons dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
Persons less than 18 years of age for the purchase of a shotgun or rifle.
Persons less than 21 years of age for the purchase of a firearm that is other than a shotgun or rifle.
Persons subject to a court order that restrains such persons from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner.
Persons convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
Persons under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for more than one year are ineligible to receive, transport, or ship any firearm or ammunition. Under limited conditions, relief from disability may be obtained from the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, or through a pardon, expungement, restoration of rights, or setting aside of a conviction.

Acquiring Firearms

The following restrictions apply to firearms acquired through purchase, trade, receipt of gifts, or by other means.

From Dealers

Provided that federal law and the laws of both the dealer`s and purchaser`s states and localities are complied with:

An individual 21 years of age or older may acquire a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in the individual`s state of residence
An individual 18 years of age or older may purchase a rifle or shotgun from a federally licensed dealer in any state
It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to sell, deliver, or transfer a firearm unless the federal firearms licensee receives notice of approval from a prescribed source approving the transfer.

Sale of a firearm by a federally licensed dealer must be documented by a federal form 4473, which identifies and includes other information about the purchaser, and records the make, model, and serial number of the firearm. Sales to an individual of multiple handguns within a five-day period require dealer notification to the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Violations of dealer record keeping requirements are punishable by a penalty of up to $1000 and one year`s imprisonment.

Sales Between Individuals

An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser`s state. Firearms received by bequest or intestate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor`s state of residence.

Temporary use of Another`s Firearm

Provided that all other laws are complied with, an individual may temporarily borrow or rent a firearm for lawful sporting purposes throughout the United States.

Antiques

Antique firearms and replicas are exempted from the aforementioned restrictions. Antique firearms are defined as: any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898, and any replica of a firearm as designed above if the replica is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire ammunition, or uses fixed ammunition, which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels or commercial trade, any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. (Note: Antiques exemptions vary considerably under state laws.)

Prohibited Firearms

The 1994 Omnibus Crime Bill included a provision that prohibited the manufacture and sale to non-military and police, after Sept. 13, 1994, of semi-automatic rifles equipped with a detachable magazine and two or more of the following: bayonet lug, flash suppressor, protruding pistol grip, folding stock or threaded muzzle. Similar guidelines were imposed on handguns and shotguns. Additionally, the manufacture and sale to non-military or police of "large-capacity" ammunition magazines (holding more than 10 rounds) were also outlawed. "Assault weapons" and "large" magazines manufactured before Sept. 13, 1994 are exempt from the law.

Shipping Firearms

Firearms may not be mailed or shipped interstate from one non-FFL to another non-FFL. Personally owned rifles and shotguns may be mailed or shipped to an FFL in any state for any lawful purpose, including sale, repair, or customizing. An FFL may ship a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received. Under U.S. Postal regulations, handguns may be sent via the Postal Service only from one FFL to another FFL, or between authorized government officials.

A person may ship a rifle or shotgun to himself, in care of a person who lives in another state, for purposes of hunting.

Firearms or ammunition delivered to a common carrier for shipment must be accompanied by a written notice to the carrier of the contents of the shipment.

Transporting Firearms During Travel

A provision of federal law serves as a defense to state or local laws which would prohibit the passage of persons with firearms in interstate travel.

Notwithstanding any state or local law, a person shall be entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he may lawfully possess and transport such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and transport such firearm if the firearm is unloaded and in the trunk. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm shall be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Federal law prohibits the carrying of any firearm, concealed or unconcealed, on or about the person or in carry-on baggage while aboard an aircraft.The Transportation Security Administration(TSA) has established certain requirementsfortransporting firearms and ammunition. Firearms must be carried in a locked hard sided case. Ammunitionmust be declared and can be transported in checked baggage or in the same container as the firearm as long the firearm is unloaded.

Any passenger who owns or legally possesses a firearm being transported aboard any common or contract carrier for movement with the passenger in interstate or foreign commerce must deliver the unloaded firearm into custody of the pilot, captain, conductor, or operator of such common or contract carrier for the duration of the trip.

Ammunition

As with firearms, shipments of ammunition must be accompanied by a written notice of the shipment`s contents. It is unlawful for any licensed importer, dealer, manufacturer or collector to transfer shotgun or rifle ammunition to anyone under the age of 18, or any handgun ammunition to anyone under the age of 21.

It is illegal to manufacture or sell armor-piercing handgun ammunition.

Dealers

Persons who engage in the business of buying or selling firearms must be licensed by the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives of the U.S. Department of Justice. A special class of "licensed collectors" provides for the purchase and sale of firearms designated by the BATFE as "curios and relics." Class III dealers may sell fully-automatic firearms manufactured prior to May 19, 1986, and other federally registered firearms and devices restricted under Title II of the Gun Control Act, to individuals who obtain approval from the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury after payment of a tax and clearance following a criminal background check.

Violations of restrictions on Title II firearms and devices are punishable by a penalty of up to $10,000 and 10 years imprisonment.
Um just dont move to new mexico is all i say.

1) Lots of gangs
2) Lots of mexican people (im about 50% myself)
3) Everyone has a gun
4) Some of the highest death ratings due to gang related violence is here in Albuquerque.
5) Your a pretty tough lookin guy there PIX and i wouldnt mess with you IMO.:P
LOL:lol:
Oh yeah....here's one of the news stories on it.

CLICK HERE

CLick Video when you get to page.
Smuggling weapons in, is a big problem, yet our borders are much larger. Wank got me thinking, maybe a large part of them come up from mexico. Tighter security would help out a lot.
your borders are larger?

who are your adjacent neighbours?
LOL
Russia ^_^
come up north to the suburbs of Philly..... that way you only HEAR about 3,000,000 shootings that day...... It's gettin kinda messy.... more and more so too.... And cake.... gun control is fine!!! *pulls piece of cereal out of teeth with 44 magnum* hmm..... but man.... thats pretty messed up... If it were my house.... I would have done something stupid..... *runs out side with thing from"the outside world" thats a long cylander that I think I hit a ball with once or twice.... in my head of course...*

so you guys ok though?? Hey.... I bet the relative that got shot had something to do with it!!!! bwhahahaha detective Isuck on the case! erm.... i mean..... yeah......