VadaVaka

Full Version: name :/ lil faces band
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well we'll be recording and playing live soon, but we still haven't decided on a name. We are a hard rock band...any ideas?
tarantella or tarantism or some form of the word
it is a word used to describe the apparent mass hysterical dancing (or created by the madness) caused by the bite of a tarantula
Chopin wrote a really great piece called Tarantella
the spider would make a great logo for the band too....sort of ominous while still maintaing a prodigious persona

I think you could do a lot with the idea
what sort of hard rock???

Off the complete top of my head heres a few without knowing what ur music is about

Intardnet
My Therapist Hates Me (ok maybe thats a song title)
The Gearbox
Spearmint Warriors
Spiral
Eidolan
Spleenday
Heretical Soldiers
Wayne Rooney
[PIE]
The Ancestral Ghosts
The Freddy Kruger Clan
Jihad Joe
Undone
The Street Lawyers
Malvern
Kidzone
Panasonica
HeadChipped
Implants
New Downtime
The Officers Club
Chocolate Digestive
Evolution
Imperfection
Trenchcoat Mafia

Note if using the last name never visit birmingham (uk).

Thatll do for the first sitting.
Free Beer

it will draw a crowd at any club you play at if they put it on the marquee....problem is....you will probably only get to play once at that club :D

Tonight Free Beer
Bah only one idea at a time???

Failed Utopia
Quicksand
Stand-up (oooooh like that as a ska song title... i can see the line "Do you ever think that life is just one big stand-up show")
Flayra
DiviNation
Hungerstrike
Meat Feast
Regicide
Eyse
Siphon
Arach

hmmm which reminds me anyone here heard of antiproduct??
Well, there's always the PCU standby: "Everyone Gets Laid"

But, seriously, just take an interesting adjective and pair it with a noun. Or even just take a good noun. Like Air Can, or something.

How bout Indicted Breed? Sure, no one will be able to pronounce it right, but it's pretty cool. (In-die-ted, btw)

I dunno, I dont make band names. I make story names, then I write them.
ummmmm. . . how about... hmm, you see what you need is something that projects a subliminal meaning.

like...
Conduit. . you transmit this idea or information or whateve rit may be to another. Like the source of energy...

or. . . if you want something that's just rockin' i suppose there's always...

Atomic Abortions!!! lol that'll attract a crowd. . but maybe not the kind you'd want.
how about "Played backwards"

It might already be taken tho.
well annatar.... trench coat mafia won't go over too well in the states either.... columbine.... thats what the gang was named...... not really a gang.... two people.... but oh well... hmm band names...

oreh
Backwards hero..... kinda a play on words.... think most of you get it...
Undiluted
conveys that the message will be pure not fed up by the gov't or by the music industry
Scarred Indefinately
hmm maybe a better song name.....
Radio Language
odd..... very very odd....
Fields of Roses.. erm..... umm...... erp...... yeah....
Hobo show......
Free Beer and Free Food... I beat you gritsy...
ecleptic (I'm gonna get beaten for that one)
Random acronyms like
WTFOMGLOLROFLMFAO!!!!! no one has done that yet.
RALH

Raise a little hell
erp eclectic not ecleptic :X:X
Remember Be

punctuation can be added as necesary.
thank you for the help everyone, I really do appreciate it and like some of the ideas, very creative.

Yaknow I've been in bands before and we've never really put in much thought to the names, but for some reason it's different this time, prolly cause I actually think it could go somewhere.

Ok, well here is an idea I had that I really like. About a month ago, we were rehearsing a song and one of us screwed up while recording ourselves. We listened back to it and realized that it actually sounded cool like that, so we changed the song based on this mistake. I like the idea of something good coming from something originally bad. It made me think of an Exodus album I used to like called Fabulous Disaster.

Anyway, so based on this idea what can anyone come up with? Let me know what you think k
For Love of Mistakes

Pandora's Ego

Bizzare Fame
purple and the microdots