VadaVaka

Full Version: Less typing is good...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was bored again and since we are using the !note feature in irc I decided people might want to use this.
I have it set so if I right click on any channel I will see an option called notes, if I click that it will send a message to chanserv to display the notes in the current channel. So people won't see you using !note.

Its very simple to do on mIRC.
Goto tools --> scripts editor
Click on popups
Goto view and select channel

Add this line under channel.

Code:
Notes:/msg Chanserv note $chan

Push ok and try it out.
Like I said, simple.
That doesn't look like it lets you set notes, just view all of them.

I wrote one which lets you edit notes as well.
I didn't get that far yet. It just displays the notes. :P
K now I got far.

Code:
alias addnote {
 /msg Chanserv help note types
 set %a $$?="Type in note type followed by the note"

/msg Chanserv note $chan %a
}
alias vnotes {
 /msg Chanserv note $chan
}
menu channel {
 Notes
 .View Notes (/vnotes):/vnotes
 .Add Note (/addnote):/addnote
}

What you do is right click on the channel, you will see an option called notes, put your cursor on notes and you will see two more options, view notes and add note. Both message chanserv so its private.
Would be best to view notes first so if you want to add a note, you will know what spot is taken.
Clicking on add note will show all the types you could choose from. Then you will see a box where you place the type and put the note you want and push ok, then it will message chanserv and add it...

To add the script, copy the above code and goto mIRC --> tools --> scripts editor --> remote --> File, NEW and paste the above code in and click ok.