VadaVaka

Full Version: Steam/WON fixes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<span style="color:red">Method #1</span>

Steam/WON issues fixed full compatabilty and extremly easy...ill even upload the files later or something.

This is how i did it...
First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take the ricochet.gcf file found in the steamapps folder. EXTRACT ALL the contents into some folder. Now get rid of that .gcf (dont delete just rename it or something). Now i copied what i extracted into the steamaps/email/halflife/ folder so i basically installed ricoceht as a 3rd party mod.
SECOND cause that was one long first, and here's the tricky part...take the client.dll found in your WON folder and put it into the cl_dl folder on your newly installed ricochet as a 3rd party mod.

VOILA
RICOCHET STEAM WON STYLE

1 thingy or flaw or backdraw. This doesn't work at all...im bullshitting all of you....dont try it. But if you do...Besure to start up halflife first, then switch over to a custom game to activate ricochet, then find a game. Steam doesn't reconize ricochet as a 3rd party mod until halflife is loaded. At least this is all my expirence....you people with different setups or oteher kinda stuff...who knows it may even make it worse.

http://pique.iown.org/ricochet.zip

EXTRACT that to your steam/steamapps/email/half-life folder

should be good but on IRC miagi is telling me you dont even have to extract the .gcf....you can just copy the WON folder over to the Steam folder and voila. fixed again. Just remember that thing about opening up half-life first and switching over. you dont need the rename the .gcf if you do that either...Pretty much the .gcf is seperate from the steam folder...you can only launch the won version if you run it as a custom game however.

**Edited by Miagi so this is all together.

*Pique Continued*

Note... you need atleast one third party mod installed to be able to launch that and see the custom game option so you can launch WON ricochet.

Pique provided us in irc with a shortcut to run ricochet
C:\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 70 -game ricochet
Method #1 Continued

Pictures help...
Make sure steam is closed...

Goto your won half-life folder and copy the ricochet folder
Paste it in your \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\youremail@blah\half-life
While you're there go up two levels so you are in &quot;:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps&quot;
Rename ricochet.gfc to bu_rico.gfc

Go up another level.

You see steam.exe Right click on it, goto send, send to desktop(create shortcut)

On the shortcut right click on it, choose properties, general, rename it to ricochet or something. Goto shortcut

Where it says target, put this at the end.. -applaunch 70 -game ricochet

There you go. You will think its half-life at first, but click find servers.

Thanks pique and gwars almost had it. :thumb:
<span style="color:red">METHOD #2</span>

You don't have to install it as a 3rd party mod. Though one person wasn't successful with the new method.

I'll just copy what I said in the other thread.

Quote:Decided to see if I was right about steam overwriting the client.dll, I unchecked read only and joined a server. It went back to the steam client.dll. Went back to the client.dll and it was modified as soon as I joined the server.

So... Copy your client.dll from your won folder, or get piques ricochet and take out the client.dll and place it in your SteamApps\&lt;your account&gt;\ricochet\ricochet\cl_dll folder and right click it, choose properties, check read-only, go back Steam\SteamApps folder and rename your old ricochet.gcf/whatever you renamed it to from the other fix, to ricochet.gcf and restart steam.

Translation: Like double clicking on steam ricochet servers to join them, but Method #1 prevented that. This method makes that work again.

Copy the client.dll from your won ricochet cl_dlls folder, if your don't have it download FROM HERE.
Copy that client.dll into SteamApps\&lt;your account&gt;\ricochet\ricochet\cl_dll.

Right click the client.dll and put a check in read-only.

If you did Method #1 and you renamed the ricochet.gcf, rename it back and restart steam.

This new way lets you use the server browser from your desktop, so you wouldn't have to join a rico server like won.
Can someone host the necessary WON files needed for this? I got a new computer and don't happen to have access to these files anymore.
can someone send this to steam so they can update there files, then none of us have to do anything.
Pique has the entire won folder hosted but all you really need is the client.dll.

Here's my client.dll, just install steam rico and try method 2 since its the easiest to join servers.
Thanks mang.
wow, thaks for this new method,
now I can finally play it with SteamKeyFR (for azerty keybords)
gj:thumb: