VadaVaka

Full Version: Damn Pop-ups!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well... i need some help....
im getting pop-ups constantly.... i believe its some sort of program that is on my computer....
it pops up pop-ups randomly.... even if i wasn`t on the net....

i`ve tried using ad aware but that didn`t get rid of it....
these pop-ups are driving me mad....
i get them even when i go to yahoo... i get stuff that yahoo doesn`t even promote....
and i have got them even when i log into this forum....

and occationaly when i open internet explorer a second window comes up... (like a pop-up) but is no a pop-up... i can`t open it.... it pops up for about 2 seconds, then the title says "close" and then it disappears... i don`t know if thats linked to it or not but i thought id just throw that in just incase....

has anyone have any idea how to get rid of them?

Thanx.....
google

search

ad-aware

spybot search and destroy

all you need to know.
ad aware

what particular one is it? you may need to close a port, is it one of those weird ones that says....I have access to your computer so other people do too
Sounds like messenger popup.

if you have XP goto start > settings > control pannel > administrative tools > services

In there check to make sure that messenger is disabled.

If that don't solve it then get adaware and spybot and that should help out.

you might also want to get a popup stopper from here, its free http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html
GB you stepped some steps on how to find the Services, cause now I'm lost in Control Panel :wacko:
Quote:GB you stepped some steps on how to find the Services, cause now I'm lost in Control Panel 

Click "folders"

www.google.com

free pop up blocker for life right there download the google toolbar. its right thur in yur face.
Google toolbar?

Just go all the way like I did and download mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

It's free, has lots of cool features that IE doesn't (like tabs and a scrollable "toolbar", meaning the top right corner has a little google toolbar, and you can add others, I have google and dictionary.com, because I suck at engrish), blocks a lot of adware and bots from getting through the browser (pop-up blocker is part of this), basically 10x better than IE. I recommend this browser to anyone using windows, everyone that I know that started using Firefox uninstalled IE within a couple of weeks (though it's pretty funny because even if you uninstall it, it's still part of the operating system).
I remember a while back on my old computer I had a major pop up problem, and Ad-Aware didn't fix it. I fixed it by installing Nortoin Anti-Virus & Internet Security. It worked great and got rid of all the pop ups. So what you can do is download the trial version to see if it fixes your problem, and then go from there.

what?! acid?! are you tryin to challenge me on what is better?! google is better.. if you disaggreee lends handle this in the game! :bgf::argue:
If you actually read my post you'd know it already comes with your precious google toolbar.

ass

you DIE!! :bgf:
back on topic please
Actually Scrye, I don't click folders. I don't seem to have that in there.

Did what I suggest help though?
yeah i thied it....
it was "automatic" so i disabled it....
the pop-ups don`t stop but im pretty sure they aren`t occuring as much... thanx!!:D
its a program called about blank, go to to search and search your files for a program, dfln~ , it will be in your documents and settings folder. You need to delete these files.
well... i tried the spy-bot S&D

uummm.... it picked up more than ad aware did... but it picked up A LOT!!
i don`t know if thats a good thing or not... cause thats a lot of files!!!!

i don`t know if it fixed it yet or not... but we`ll see!!:)
naaah that wasn't the scanner it self... just the IE protector updating its list of spyware to block
well..... i think i have found what was causing most of the pop-ups...
the was a file in program files called "save" that was sending me lots of crap....
the program was activated when agreeing with a licence/policy from some site... not to sure where from though... but i think its from some game site...

but i have found out that the majority of the pop-ups that i get are coming from www.trafficmarketplace.com

now how would i track the "whatever" down and get rid of it??
talk to Gwarsbane about adding that url to your host file, it might help