VadaVaka

Full Version: PT cruiser front bumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there are some cruiser owners in here... any idea how much it would cost to replace the front bumper? I backed up into a 2005 convertible... barely hit it, the car I was driving has barely a dent... if I had backed up into a chrome bumper there would have been nothing, but the plastic hearse got a scratch and the entire bumper needs to be replaced (according to her). She hasn't given the estimate yet, but I'd like to know what it REALLY would cost... my fear is she's going to give an outlandish number. I'm hoping it's less than $1000... even if it is 1000, I'll have trouble paying for that. It was my girlfriend's car that I was driving, so her and her mother are pissed at me (more her mother than me), and we don't want to go through insurance because it will increase their rate.
Umm. Replace a bumper for a scratch? You can call just about any auto body shop and ask them for a ball park figure.
A scratch? could probably be buffed out or fixed by a body guy.
You shouldn't have to change the bumper unless you cracked it.
No idea who sells them but you could call a local PT retailer and find out from them how much they cost to fix or replace.

I bet what she would do if getting it fixed is cheap is tell you she needs a whole new one and get the cash from you and then take some of the touch up paint that they give you with a car and fix it that way so that she has the money in her pocket
make her get an estimate for a repair insted of replace, she will try and balk on you but any insurance would make her do the same. thats if you didnt crack it, because they can puddy over it and repaint and it will be good as new.
Well, it's gonna go through the insurance now, and my gf's insurance agency is going to investigate. The woman claims the bumper was "broken" but the hit was so minor I'm amazed if it broke. My guess is either she was lying or there is a crack where the bumper is attached and it can't be seen visually. Either way, I hope it doesn't cost much, really don't need this on my dmv record. Gah... DAMN those pt cruisers...
yeah those 'muscle cars' really are delicate

btw hi:)
ya hey gboy, and I dont know about the PT bumbers, but our toyota mini van bumper costs like 500 to replace, the first time...

Not to sure how much it cost the 2nd time, whatever the price of an inch or two of duct tape is.