VadaVaka

Full Version: Happy Day!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:D:D:D:D Happy Day All!! Happy Day Indeed :D:D:D:D

Today, the 16th of June represents 1 year of playing Ricochet with you people. Sure most of you have come along since then, but I will tell you all of what I remember from my first day.

There was a guy who I figured had spelled his name wrong somehow. JabbaHunt seemed like a nice guy. I wondered whether I should ask about his name. Bah, I will get around to it sometime. It's only been a year now. I remember a guy named ThisShitsTrippy. I only remember because I was thinking just that. We agree. I remember a guy names Sinbon. Were there really Ricochet Clans? Wow, I will never join one of those! I remember a guy named SilentBob, who while he wasn't silent by any means, only refered to himself in the third person. I can't remember whether I met Fritoman that first day or the second. Maybe it was the second time I played on the first day. Who knows? Soon I would be seeing all sorts of frito's... fritokid, fritodad, fritodog, etc. Anyone else hungry? I remember EverythingMustBurn, a guy I don't remember much about. He was pretty damn good, though!

I didn't win too many games that day. In fact I still remember walking right off the plat. I cherish it as I see new players do it each and every day. I think to myself... crap... another worthless noob round for me, but at the same time I think, how lucky is this guy? He gets to start fresh in a fun game with a great bunch of players! If he or she can make it past the first day, we will have the new player for a couple more days. If they go on to enjoy those, we may have tomorrow's best player EVER! We are just the start, people! This game could have 300 servers someday soon folks! If we keep playing, and we support the game as we have been, then we may soon have updates and solutions to each of the problems you have mentioned in the petition thread. When I get back from vacation I will go on an email and phone campaign to not only get your petition acknowledged, but also to bring somone important to our site. I will also do everything I can to get a key Ricochet programmer into my weekly interview column. If I can pull it off, it will be a great read!

Thanks again for being a great community! I owe much to each of you for your own personal roles in my enjoyment for this mediocre halflife mod. Your mutual enjoyment makes it a great mod instead!

:D:D:D:DAgain, Happy Happy Day!! :D:D:D:D

Beastie
Happy days indeed.

I've been playing so long, I can't remember when I signed up :/
the only reason I know is because my icon properties says June 13th. I downloased the cs patch that day, which created the Ricochet shortcut on my desktop. I didn't use it until 3 days later. :P

It's not like I go noting the date every time I try a random game :lol:

Maybe I should!

Beastie
:D1 year old and a new just begun, i cant believe i have spent a year of my life playing this, but if not for the game i would have been watching tv and i would have never met all of you and become friends with most, so indeed it is a happy day :D
Damn a whole year, thats very cool.

If Ricochet hadn't come along, I would be playing a different game, but I don't think I would have met so many great people.
A little over a year playing but not ricochet...started with HLDM my first on-line game experience. June 28th marks the anniversary of when Vad's Place HLDM went on-line.....maybe I should do something special on the server that day...hmmm
I started playing HL a long time ago, just after it came out if I remember right. Over all that time, I have only liked HL and TFC and then Ricochet came along. :D

I was most definately the same....
I just looked up on my laptop and I modified installed on january 19th of 2002 when I bought a laptop, then I modified on june 16th, so I can't remember when I started now. I use to play half-life on my old puter in 2001, then while working out of town I bought a laptop and installed on january 19th of 2002, that's also when I put tfc on. and then firearms in july. frito was before me, so he would know.
lol, I remember eagerly going to "Internet Games", and having my jaw drop and "wth?" cross my lips as a thousand or so servers appeared after I clicked "update". I thought something was wrong, there was only supposed to be !K2 Ricochet and !K2 Arena, a theory reinforced by the game telling me my game was in need of updating. Too bad only a couple players stayed on.

Good times.. *sigh*
Awwww what a loveing, caring, happy trip down memory lain... i think im gonna puke:blink:
Bad times, I win.
AHA! 300 servers.. THATS RICH!
and true.

300+ servers full of nothing but newbs trying to figure out how to play. It took them all of 2 minutes to figure out how to camp on dm1.

It was about this time i switched over to arena.
:P

Although I may be losing interest in Ricochet, the memories won't ever fade
AHHH cool Gemakk... like the highschool star quaterback